• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1941 Johnson refurbished from miltech. Thoughts?

daytonlawvol

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
57   1
Reaction score
Miltech was a company that did refurbished M1941 Johnsons a few years back. They sold them for $4000-$6000. The stock and barrel are new, everything else is original M1941 Johnson. Would be really neat to have one...but the damn things are costly.

Guy is willing to sell well south of 4K. I have a few rifles I would part with to ease the price. Anyone have any opinions about these refurbished M1941s?

the fact that it is a refurb concerns me a bit. At the price range that this one is at, original ones would be sporterized or have other issues. non-refurbs and non-sporterized and all original in a similar condition would be well, well north of the price. Im on the fence, i usually dont even consider refurbs.

I saw an all original WITH the original bayonet a couple years ago listed for $6800. I was told the bayonet itself added $1200 to the price. Refurb or not, they certainly aren't making them any more. You aren't paying too much, you're just buying a little early... ;)

M1941 Johnson (1).jpg
M1941 Johnson (12).jpg
I would shoot/borrow one before I spent 3 K.

Mine is awesome but was reparkerized and had a replacement rear sight, does not bother me.

Back
Top Bottom