• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M1a EBR: Build or Buy Built?

Shatzen

Default rank <200 posts
Hunter
10   0
Reaction score
Hey ODT i really want a m1a ebr with a sage stock. should i buy one already built or build one myself? I need advice and any input y'all have. Thanks

A used bush rifle or a socom will run around $1500 - $1600. A EBR stock is $750. So your looking at $2300- $2500 if you go that route. A Fulton EBR is $3000. You might save a little if you build it yourself.

David

Try to buy one used just like you want for a deal and you will save money. There are a lot of nice guns coming out of the wood work because people are needing money. Just be patience for the right deal. If there's one thing I have learned over the years is that there is always a better deal...... Personally I think the AR platform is the most accurate semi auto made.

well I'm in a gun buying frenzy right now. Tomorrow I'm picking up my new ddm4 v5 flat top ar15 and saturday hopefully I'm picking up a used h&k usp 45 tactical off a guy on ODT. Id like to build my own, what platform would you recommend? springfield m1a socom??

Last edited:
Had one in a UBR stock. Don't expect much in the way of accuracy from a Socom. It was doing good to shoot 2.5" at 100yds. Sold it and now have a POF in 308 that is twice the rifle.

i51.tinypic.com_2d946k6.jpg

POF 308

vs
i53.tinypic.com_dgigs4.jpg

M1A in UBR

damn thats beautiful. so what m1a should i buy? just a couple suggestions especially because i was planning on getting a socom but their accuracy isn't good so i need to be pointed in a new direction

Not sure on that one. I know if you go to a M1a match grade, you should do much better accuracy wise, but I don't have any personal experience with them... the socom has been my one and only foray into Springfields...

In a sage UBR or EBR they sure do look good though.

Back
Top Bottom