• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M4 CLONE FROM ARMY SERVICE. NEED SOME IDEAS/HELP

From your gear and setup you look like you actually have a clue what you're doing (weapon has to much crap on it for my taste but you young guys like your toys). Dump bag, Safariland holster. Not overly 8 the F up. I dig it. If you don't mind me asking do you just do this for fun or is it a lifestyle choice you made long ago that required a commitment?

Thanks buddy! Ya I know I have a lot on there. I strip it down depending on what I'm doing. That holster is actually a IWI holster. To answer your question, My dad spent a long time in the Marine Corps. He taught me to shoot when I was very little. I sought out some formal training several years ago and I've been hooked ever since. It's mainly just a really fun hobby for me right now, but I've learned some very valuable skills and made some really great friends.

One of my favorite quotes when it comes to this "hobby"

gard2.jpg

Thanks buddy! Ya I know I have a lot on there. I strip it down depending on what I'm doing. That holster is actually a IWI holster. To answer your question, My dad spent a long time in the Marine Corps. He taught me to shoot when I was very little. I sought out some formal training several years ago and I've been hooked ever since. It's mainly just a really fun hobby for me right now, but I've learned some very valuable skills and made some really great friends.

One of my favorite quotes when it comes to this "hobby"

gard2.jpg
Excellent quote. :thumb: Well carry on brother. I wish I was still in the shape you are in right now but all these meds the VA has me on have jacked up my metabolism and I have gained 80 pounds in the last two years. Looks like I am stabilizing now though weight wise. I need to work on losing some pounds but I lack motivation. Maybe one day.

You can get the M4 RAS cheaper than that if you look hard enough. I've got about $150 in mine but I had to get the covers and vertical grip separately.

Mine's a BLOCK I clone with the Colt side sling mount, KAC rear sight and Colt SOCOM 14.5" barrel with the ADCO spacer and KAC NT4 flash hider. The spacer brings it to legal length.

Operationparts.com and http://www.adcofirearms.com are good places to start for parts, etc...

Also ARFCOM has plenty of clone picture threads for anything you want to build and the classifieds has great stuff as well...

View attachment 940812 View attachment 940816

Looks good. I remember when you have that weird 10.5" barrel with the 5.5 extension. LOL

I hated that barrel! But the SOCOM barrel made a huge difference!!! Put the rifle on a whole 'nother level...

Yea I still have to get one for my gun. I was thinking about just leaving the 16" on there but I think I'll be too long with the can on there and I'd wish I had the 14.5.

Yea I still have to get one for my gun. I was thinking about just leaving the 16" on there but I think I'll be too long with the can on there and I'd wish I had the 14.5.

I don't know how much of a difference it will make. I'm sorry I'm not any help there lol. I don't have any NFA stuff. :(

Back
Top Bottom