• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M855 green tip ammo BS

I got some green tip that, believe it or not, I accidentally purchased years ago. I also thought it was AP until I did a little research. Now all I know is I can't shoot it at an indoor range!! Lol
I’m sure you could find somebody to swap you some other type of .223/5.56 for it.

Boy it seams there a lot of interweb fighting about this.. 855A1 controlled by the ATF and is it an AP round....

Here is there experts POC info as well as what was done for the development of the round. I was a part of this project study early in the developmental cycle of this. Take all your questions and see if you can get the experts to chime in.

https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/ndia/2005/smallarms/tuesday/newill.pdf

BTW is is a controlled item and on a federal watch list for transaction/ theft as well as controlled by movement. The SDZ's on this is crazy..... The terminal effects are magnificent!

But dont take my word for it...... If you cant get anything then I suggest you complete and turn in a FOIA specifically for this round and the info your trying to obtain.

Respectfully
Chris

I only buy it if it is cheep and use it shooting pape,r soda cans, water jugs, watermelons... with the kids as just range ammo. Not for steel. Only pull trigger go boom for us. I would not use it for SD and have no need for M855a1. I have some M855 but it is nothing I consider to be superior.
What makes it bad for SD - in comparison to other 'normal' non-SD rounds?

Boy it seams there a lot of interweb fighting about this.. 855A1 controlled by the ATF and is it an AP round....

Here is there experts POC info as well as what was done for the development of the round. I was a part of this project study early in the developmental cycle of this. Take all your questions and see if you can get the experts to chime in.

https://ndiastorage.blob.core.usgovcloudapi.net/ndia/2005/smallarms/tuesday/newill.pdf

BTW is is a controlled item and on a federal watch list for transaction/ theft as well as controlled by movement. The SDZ's on this is crazy..... The terminal effects are magnificent!

But dont take my word for it...... If you cant get anything then I suggest you complete and turn in a FOIA specifically for this round and the info your trying to obtain.

Respectfully
Chris

Yup! Wicked stuff. It’s also chewing up feed ramps and wearing out barrels like crazy.

Back
Top Bottom