• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M855 green tip ammo BS

Ive shot a steel plate with m855 and m855a1 and couldnt tell the difference. No penetration on either. So guess neither are "armor piercing"

Ive shot a steel plate with m855 and m855a1 and couldnt tell the difference. No penetration on either. So guess neither are "armor piercing"

It’s not effective against Hardened Steel (HS), the round was made to preform against Mild Steel (MS).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What was your target behind your Ballistic glass? ss109's would not penetrate standard safety windshield glass ( commercial safety glass found in all cars ,trucks etc... ) with any 'clear terminal' effect ................I have shot many windshields and hundreds of rounds of ss109's.....The penetrate r cone is the only thing that would pass through it would take out your eye if you was not wearing glasses . The ( cone ) would go though the cardboard target sitting on frount seats but spall would not. The ss109's were being shot out of an 20" barrel and most if not all M855's are run though 14.5 " and 16" barrels. Is M855 that much more effective than the SS109? I know M855A1 EPR is another story
We didnt have a target we were shooting at the 1st gen ballistic glass that was in the m998. Probably wasnt an in thick.

Back
Top Bottom