• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

M855/SS109

I hear a lot of people talking down about this ammo. The ammo was designed to be the best in a AR-15 platform. It out performs all other ammo that can be used in these rifles.

The military uses it and it is good out to 800+ meters from my experience. What more can be said.

The government wants it banned for that reason. Everything else is second best in a AR-15.

YMMV but you are probably driving a pinto.
Then they should really want non-poodle rounds banned. No word on those yet.

It is great ammo for what it was designed for. I however am not on a battle field and am trying to shoot tiny small groups at distance. For that application, M855 sucks. It doesn't group for crap leaving it in the role of blasting ammo for a person like me. Me personally, if I can't use the ammo for anything besides blasting ammo, I would rather shoot cheap steel case and save money.

When you were complaining about the grouping from your 6933 clone, you weren't by chance using M855 were you? If so, your problem was your inferior ammo choice, not your gun.

All that said, they are not only trying to ban M855, they are trying to ban the SS109 bullet which is used in M855. There is tons of ammo that uses the SS109 that is not M855. I stand by my assessment. For my application, M855 sucks.

Back
Top Bottom