• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Machete

I prefer thick-bladed machetes, but not necessarily long ones.
A short, but very heavy, blade is best for chopping wood.
Longer ones are better for clearing light brush, but long and heavy ones tire your arm.

Right now, my favorite all-purpose machete is one with a 12" blade, made by Ontario Knife Co. of California.

1642901909901.png

The blade is 3.2mm thick at the spine. I'd prefer 4mm if they made such a model, but this is close enough.

I cut down a live, green wood tree, chopping thru the trunk where it was about 5" thick, in something like 30 swings. It only took a minute and something seconds. I counted my strokes and my friend timed me.

My last set, brother sniper22 sniper22 grabbed it. I haven't ordered some new ones yet. I may do soon!! We will see!!

I think folks are used to OttoMan just to giveaway stuff, and they don't wan't to buy anything I post! hahahaha:noidea::noidea::noidea::noidea:
Love my choppers.
Heck I didn't know OttoMan OttoMan sold stuff on here.. but I can vouch for him and his choppers...

Looking for a durable machete that can be used to cut small trees and limbs. And larger things if I want. Bought a Gerber and within a couple of swings, the blade was already bent/chipped. Any ideas below$100?
You'd be better to wait till OttoMan got another batch. Can't beat them!

Back
Top Bottom