• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Macon Gun Show. Worth going?

I reckon I’m too old for the gun shows now. They’re all about tactical and high capacity black guns. I miss the days of tables full of milsurps and pawn shop hand offs.
That last show? The guy that was trying buy that beautiful little carbine from you for nothing? I wanted to hit him, LOL!

Well now hang on a minute. It DOES get worse than Chucks in middle GA. Although when you walk in any place like that and see the Big Green Eggs and the stacks of Yetis you immediately know the deal.
But anyway, there's a place across 75 from the Ag Center and it used to be called Brannen Outfitters. I think the Brannen guy killed himself a while back. But I went over there after we moved back up here. My landlord wanted to go visit his Ruger integrally suppressed take down barrel setup. He paid for it and stroked the check to the ATF about 13 months ago. Still waiting. Well it's all Springfield and Smith Custom Shop stuff in there. Granted I wasn't expecting to see Hi Points but they don't even carry Kel Tec. I think they're trying to be a small box version of a Bass Pro. They have kayaks out front with no prices on any of them. And they got the Sure Fire lights and the Costa shades etc and so forth . And yes, I felt kinda out of place.

Yea. we went in and nobody even spoke to us. I will not go back there. Its called Broken arrow now. Its broken alright...

Yea. we went in and nobody even spoke to us. I will not go back there. Its called Broken arrow now. Its broken alright...
You know I don't recall anyone talking to me either. They knew Robby so they talked to him and brought his suppressor out for a quick visit. I don't recall even seeing any Taurus stuff in there. Not my kinda place.

Back
Top Bottom