• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Macon Gun Show. Worth going?

29 S Broad St, Butler, GA 31006

Ive only been 3 times. First trip I picked up a Ruger SR22 with threaded barrel when they first came out. Price was what the internet wanted so I took a drive. Other trips were to relieve boredom.

Dont recall seeing a $2000 stippled Glock there. But can buy pretty much everything else. Could consider it better than a gun show. Better selection with an occasional good deal.

Barrows does have some neat stuff, They remodeled the place about 2 years ago and you can actually walk around without banging into other customers now. It's about 20 minutes down Hwy 19 from the house. I tell folks if they want to stop by and shoot their new purchase after visiting Barrow's they're welcome...as long as they let me put a few rounds through it too. lol I haven't been to a gun show in years. let me pay $10 to see a load of overpriced stuff, tables full of (yawn) Glocks and black rifles? The last show I went to I was looking for a Ruger Redhawk. I don't think there were 5 revolvers in the building and none were Redhawks.

I went when it was Brannen. Very expensive stuff wall to wall. Guns were all high end and made from unobtanium. I looked and looked, but didn't see anything that caught my eye. I did see a pair of pants that looked nice....Made overseas and $100. Not my spot. I don't need Big Green Eggs or Costas.

I think they cater more to the Houston County aristocracy, who I'm definitely part of (thank God).

Anything worth seeing?

Had some bakes there. I was surprised. 5.45 RPK with the shield was $150. 7.62 RPK bake was $150 also I think. Mosin arsenal marked strippers for $1. Had an RPK for $1500, SVT40 for $1800, and this 74 with bake furniture and bayonet for $900. I think that's high? McKay receiver. No idea about the build.

20190518_111911.jpg
20190518_111905.jpg

Reactions: J-P
Back
Top Bottom