• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Macon Gun Show. Worth going?

I've been in chucks several times. Seen some interesting stuff on the used rack but over priced and passed. Been into every other shop between Macon and Warner Robins and about the only place I have actually found a reasonably priced firearm I purchased was at Firearms traders warehouse.

Their used rack does get some neat stuff but way overpriced. I like old 22s and they get them, but want twice what they should bring in the condition they are in. If the used stuff was reasonably or fair priced I'm sure I would have walked out with several over the years. They had an old beat up 550-1 for almost 300 bucks....that's crazy. I picked one up somewhere else a few months earlier in better condition for 129. Heck, I ought to take mine to them and sell it for 250...its way nicer than what they had.

I had a bad experience with Firearms Traders, I walked in, the only one, two old guys in the office to the left. Never greeted me, never asked me to show me anything. Talking filthy, nothing you should say with customers around. My eyes about popped out when I saw a 250 price tag on a beat up old winchester 67. Was in their about 15 minute and when I decided the place wasn't worth it. Wen't to leave...and of course they have to buzz you out...and only then did they say anything to me. I told them not to get up, didn't want them to have to do any actual work that day. I'll spend some money on guns, but they evidently didn't want any of it.

I like Howards, they've always taken care of me and I've walked out with some pretty dang good deals. Only ever bought one gun from Barrows, I was looking for a beretta spii sporting. Howards was actually 30 bucks cheaper, but the wood was plain jane. I called barrows and he had 32 of them to choose from, 4 with 32in barrels like I wanted. I drove down and he brought them all out of the back for me and got the one with the best wood. Barrow may not be what it used to be price wise from what I hear but they will have what you want in stock more than likely.

Gun shows are for neckbeard watching. I ALWAYS bring a revolver that i have no intention of letting go...I like to watch the lowballs roll in, when the dealer is sailing the same revolver w/o the box and dirty as sin for 2x what he is offerin me. then i talk some **** and get him flustered...then eat a hotdog. rinse repeat. you can troll neckbeards in person way better than on here. and who knows, maybe you make one mad enough to take a swing, sue the **** out of the neckbeard. It is really fun and cheap at $10.

Gun shows are for neckbeard watching. I ALWAYS bring a revolver that i have no intention of letting go...I like to watch the lowballs roll in, when the dealer is sailing the same revolver w/o the box and dirty as sin for 2x what he is offerin me. then i talk some **** and get him flustered...then eat a hotdog. rinse repeat. you can troll neckbeards in person way better than on here. and who knows, maybe you make one mad enough to take a swing, sue the **** out of the neckbeard. It is really fun and cheap at $10.
You are my hero!

LOL, at a recent show an older, master neckbeard was totin' around a raffle that had been highly modified, highly. Value? Maybe $600 as a serious project that would cost $1,000 to put right and then be worth only around $2,000. Not worth my time and effort. He said he was looking to sail it or trade it. I asked what he was looking for and of course he says, "Well, make me an offer."

I said, "$1,000?" and he was SHOCKED! SHOCKED! Couldn't believe it that I'd offered so little on a raffle he'd been offered $2,000 for. Now it was MY TURN to ACT SHOCKED, AMAZED, BEWILDERED EVEN!!!
I mustered my most incredulous voice and almost screamed, "Somebody offered you $2,000 for this and YOU DIDN'T TAKE IT?!?!??!?!??! LOL!!!!!

Anyway, that was my fun at the last show. Plus I bought an item that was in very fine condition for $75 that will sail for $350 on ebay so most everyone is correct when they say:
giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom