• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magnet Fishing

I've been reading a bit and watching Youtube videos about magnet fishing. It looks interesting as I am aware of some creeks that flow under busy roads and are excellent places for tossing out guns and such or anything else interesting.

So you are going to go out and try to search for a murder weapon to keep for your very own?

EpbLm_s-200x150.gif

So you are going to go out and try to search for a murder weapon to keep for your very own?

EpbLm_s-200x150.gif
Ah no, I already own 2 (the one that killed my grandfather, which is a keepsake, and another that was used in a drive by shooting which is a twisted lump of metal and burned wood that will never pass another bullet, courtesy of my vise, torch and BFH). If I find something I'm going to take it to the police and let them hassle the registered owners. Guns are one thing that get tossed off bridges but there's lot of other neat stuff out there waiting to be found. Maybe by me, maybe by someone else. I saw a youtube video where they pulled up a lockbox that had a lot of cash in it. If I did that, I'd do the same as with a gun, take it to the police, it's not mine and probably stolen. The fun is in the hunt.

Ah no, I already own 2 (the one that killed my grandfather, which is a keepsake, and another that was used in a drive by shooting which is a twisted lump of metal and burned wood that will never pass another bullet, courtesy of my vise, torch and BFH). If I find something I'm going to take it to the police and let them hassle the registered owners. ........

Of course that is how it works. How do you think I got the SKS from the police after the trial for the drive by was over with? The police contacted me as I was the first registered owner as I bought it 15 years ago at a gun show. I sold it in a lot to GMan (he has since died and we had no records of the sale). They couldn't track down how the perps got the rifle as there were no reports on it being stolen so they asked me if I wanted it back. I said yes i did and I picked it up at the police station in Athens, took it home and proceeded to make it into a lump of metal and burned wood so it would never pass a bullet again. If you find a gun and it has a serial number the police can track it back to the first person that filled out a 4473 (right number, I can't remember) and bought it. They might want it back and might be asked what happened to it after they bought it. Would you want your gun back if it was stolen? Would you want it back if it was used in a crime? Would you want to pound it into a lump? Different strokes for different folks.

Back
Top Bottom