• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magpul coming out with a bipod.

In all my years I’ve never needed QD on a bipod.
I have no choice . I have yet to find a solid way of attaching a bipod to this

From the factory the bipod locks on the front sight base . I had to remove the front sight base because I wanted the barrel threaded . So now I gotta figure out a way to support that heavy beast that comes off easily for transport
480CE7E6-8D8C-4858-B611-B7362BFCE653.jpeg

I have no choice . I have yet to find a solid way of attaching a bipod to this

From the factory the bipod locks on the front sight base . I had to remove the front sight base because I wanted the barrel threaded . So now I gotta figure out a way to support that heavy beast that comes off easily for transport
View attachment 1613020

I saw a barrel clamp bipod at the NRA show last year. The barrel strap had an adjustable clamp lever that would release. Sorry, don't remember who made it.

edit: Looks like it was UTG, so you have a 50%+ chance of it being a POS.

https://www.leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&itemno=TL-BP08S-A&midx=1432&allids=1429_1428_1432

For practical shooting no QD is not really required, but for comps its a must. Atlas' suck. Accu-tac or a Harris with a ZROdelta mount is the way to go. The problem with Atlas' are most people don't know how to load them correctly plus they are slow to deploy.

I’m hearing all sorts of reasons for a DETACHABLE bipod, but very few reasons for a QUICK detach bipod (that’s what the “Q” in “QD” stands for).

I have all sorts of reasons for wanting all my bipods to be detachable, but I have never needed a QUICK detachable bipod.

Back
Top Bottom