• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Magpul coming out with a bipod.

I’m hearing all sorts of reasons for a DETACHABLE bipod, but very few reasons for a QUICK detach bipod (that’s what the “Q” in “QD” stands for).

I have all sorts of reasons for wanting all my bipods to be detachable, but I have never needed a QUICK detachable bipod.
There is no reason. If you need it that quick then you are worring about the wrong stuff at the wrong time

There is no reason. If you need it that quick then you are worring about the wrong stuff at the wrong time
Like REDX REDX mentioned, goes back to matches. At least for me. For most rifles, a standard bipod works just fine. But matches can be a different breed. 90 seconds. 10 rds. Multiple positions. I've moved my bipod and had to quickly get rifled of it. Have fun with a Harris or a couple cross belts.

Like REDX REDX mentioned, goes back to matches. At least for me. For most rifles, a standard bipod works just fine. But matches can be a different breed. 90 seconds. 10 rds. Multiple positions. I've moved my bipod and had to quickly get rifled of it. Have fun with a Harris or a couple cross belts.

I’ve got a Harris with an AmDef QD mount attached to it so I can attach to a Picatinny rail instead of a sling swivel. I didn’t do it to get the QD feature, I just wanted to adapt it to a Picatinny, but it does turn the Harris into a quick detach/install piece.

I have a similar AmDef QD setup on my Atlas PSR.

Hey do what works best for you . I don’t need an air conditioned seat but I like it .

That sucks. Another magpul product that I will have to buy one or three of. Do you think the used Harris bipeds will bring 50 on ODT?

I’m hearing all sorts of reasons for a DETACHABLE bipod, but very few reasons for a QUICK detach bipod (that’s what the “Q” in “QD” stands for).

I have all sorts of reasons for wanting all my bipods to be detachable, but I have never needed a QUICK detachable bipod.

It's not always about "need".

Different strokes for different folks, if some of you guys got off of your bellies you would see where there is a need for different tools for the job. in PRS Comps and LE comps a QD can come in handy. point in place: SniperCraft match back in April one stage goes like this: Briefer briefs that there is a bank robbery blah,blah blah you have a designated time to grab your gear get back to the line and Oh, NO BIPODS. times already started" Guess who got shots off and guess who didn't?

Sorry, I don’t shoot comps. I can see where they could require competitors to remove, install, or replace their bipods as part of a stage of fire.

As a Sniper, I just never had to QD or QA a bipod.

We all place emphasis on different criteria depending upon our experiences, hobbies, job, and what we like.

I'll be interested to see how these pan out. I have a couple of rifles I wouldn't mind a lightweight but useful bipod on.

Back
Top Bottom