• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Maiden voyage of my smoker

Next time when you put the corn on, put a bunch of fresh green beans on also. Please them in an alum pan with salt, pepper, and some butter. Shake/stir when you spray meat and enjoy them with the meal. They will be chewy and have a slight crunch to them and taste nothing like the canned ones.

You can smoke wings at 350 for a little over an hour. However, they will not have the crisp skin like fried ones. Wife likes the drumlets better and lemon pepper is our favorite seasoning for these.

Is it possible to get crispy skin on the smoker?

Dust the wings with salt and baking powder before smoking...this will dry the skin and allow it to crisp

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to give this a try as wife loves wings. What temp/time do you cook them at to get them crispy with the coating?

I gave the uncut loin to my wife's boss since he got her a pair of CLV shoes (ask your wife). Gotta keep them both happy...

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to give this a try as wife loves wings. What temp/time do you cook them at to get them crispy with the coating?

I gave the uncut loin to my wife's boss since he got her a pair of CLV shoes (ask your wife). Gotta keep them both happy...
30 mins @ 250 degrees

Then raise temp to 425 for another 45 mins.

They're fantastic. The first 30 mins is rendering the fat down a bit, then the higher heat for 45 mins cooks and crisps

Back
Top Bottom