• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mail SCAM

Someone say they needed a prominent member?
ezgif-2-789e51d35cae.gif

Thank you for all the comments. I have always done face-to-face meetings but the small part does not warrant driving across town for. When the member asked me to mail it and said they would send funds I was a little hesitant But it seems a lot of you have done it. I have checked their feedback and seems pretty good over the last year just didn’t know if those were fake feedback or not. If something goes south trust me I will definitely let you know.

Fake Feedback!? You mean I've spent 8 years working my tail off for fake feedback !Being nice when i didn't feel like it.Being on time when i had to break the law to get there on time.Taking a loss when i really could not afford it.Leaving pms when text are much easier.Giving a good deal when thats what it took to satisfy a trader.driving out of my way at 10 miles per gal when the trader could not drive .Shall i continue?All for fake feedback !

This is FWIW:

I tried to sell a KPOS for a Glock at below wholesale on this site once. It is NIB and I had a buyer, but he wanted me to send him the KPOS and then he would send the money. We could never agree on terms so I put the thing back in the safe. At half of what they cost on gunbroker, I figured it would eventually sell.

My terms were to send paypal OR better, send a postal money order through the mail. If someone is sending funds through the mail with a postal money order, scamming each other is pretty dang stupid. Postal money orders and the mail are federal - and federal felonies are some serious stuff. The post office has the greatest conviction rate of any government or quasi government entity. Even stupid people don't risk federal time for a couple of hundred dollars worth of parts.

Banks will verify if certified checks and cashier checks are legit if you call the branch and ask. Just tell them what type of check you have, what account it's drawn on, the amount and check number. It's even better if it's a bank with a local branch (Chase, BofA, etc.) because you can just go in and cash it.
^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

I had partially fallen for the 'vehicle wrap' scam. When I received a fedex envelope with the 'certified check' I called the bank. They were able to tell me over the phone it was bogus!

I am currently out of state. I have had several members refuse to sell/mail stuff they had for 'sail'. I offered to have my bank Delta Community Credit Union mail them a check, and pay shipping.

I could see it if it was a gun. As I will be out of state for another 2 months I offered to send the money now, for a gun that I decided I absolutely had to have, and pick up the gun when I get back. He didn't like that.

I ended up having my daughter pick up a gun for me.

^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^

I had partially fallen for the 'vehicle wrap' scam. When I received a fedex envelope with the 'certified check' I called the bank. They were able to tell me over the phone it was bogus!

I am currently out of state. I have had several members refuse to sell/mail stuff they had for 'sail'. I offered to have my bank Delta Community Credit Union mail them a check, and pay shipping.

I could see it if it was a gun. As I will be out of state for another 2 months I offered to send the money now, for a gun that I decided I absolutely had to have, and pick up the gun when I get back. He didn't like that.

I ended up having my daughter pick up a gun for me.

That's a shame the member would not work with you. I have held guns for established members and would definitely have no problem accepting payment in advance for your situation. I even take personal checks because there are a lot of folks that don't use electronic payment including me.

Back
Top Bottom