• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

MAJOR UPDATE: Phineas C. Zoid - Pistol Whack . . . . . (my first custom 1911 build)

Looking forward to following along. Only hear great things about the JEM frames. Seems like thats the way all the custom builders are going. Will be cool to get your impressions.

I'll keep y'all posted. From what I currently know, Guncrafter Industries sources most / all of their frames from JEM. They were a real find, and to get this frame custom built with a vanity serial number . . . . . dang, just dang . . . . .

I have a lunch date with the Zoid frame tomorrow . . . . giggity giggity . . . . .

Oh-schnap.gif

I picked her up on the way home tonight . . .

Z-frame-02.jpg

Looking forward to following along. Only hear great things about the JEM frames. Seems like thats the way all the custom builders are going. Will be cool to get your impressions.

Okay Gents,

Now that I have the frame, the full slide and barrel assembly, and a box of really nice parts . . . . WHERE DO I START . . . ?

My question isn't, "What goes where . . . "? But is more along the lines of "If I had only known to DO THIS first . . . "

I already have the slide / barrel and all small parts assembled. I have already assembled the spring, pins, and small parts into the mainspring housing / magwell. I was thinking of starting by installing the magazine catch and grip bushings, but then the thought occurred to me that due to my inner Berny, I tend to put the cart before the jackass, so to speak.

So before I get too far along, what would @markj or geezer geezer do first . . . ?

Mag catch holds trigger in...Trigger first, then mag release, then disconnect/sear, then leafspring with MSH slid up on it a little to hold it in place, then plunger tips and spring, then grip safety and thumb safety to hold it....ASSUMING all this has been fitted and works properly...Grip bushings at any time....

Mag catch holds trigger in...Trigger first, then mag release, then disconnect/sear, then leafspring with MSH slid up on it a little to hold it in place, then plunger tips and spring, then grip safety and thumb safety to hold it....ASSUMING all this has been fitted and works properly...Grip bushings at any time....

And THIS ^^ is why I love this guy . . . . . . (in a strictly hetero manner, of course)

You too B bakrzdzn

Like-gattling-gun.gif

like-muppet.gif

When does the hammer, hammer strut assembly go in . . . .?

Back
Top Bottom