• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Makarov Guys, Have yall seen this?

I like just about everything about these grips except the ridiculous looking beaver tail on it. But I believe I could Dremel that right on down to my liking. But having that thumb release for the mag is a huge plus to me. Oh and you can get it in FDE and I'm queer for FDE.

Meh, I love my Mak's but they're just range toys. They complement a day of shooting my SKS and mosin very well. Not something I'll ever need to do a tactical reload on. I'll keep my original grips.

Meh, I love my Mak's but they're just range toys. They complement a day of shooting my SKS and mosin very well. Not something I'll ever need to do a tactical reload on. I'll keep my original grips.
Yeah I know what you mean. Most guys wouldn't try to make an EDC out of a Mak. But since mine is a lower end Baikal with the ugly adjustable rear sight and plenty of scratches I figured dressing it up a little can't hurt.

I think they really missed the mark on this. It's a way cool idea if the pistol was still relevant in the carry world. And I think they should have had a shooter demo the gun I was embarrassed for that guy.

I think they really missed the mark on this. It's a way cool idea if the pistol was still relevant in the carry world. And I think they should have had a shooter demo the gun I was embarrassed for that guy.

It's an Israeli company and I believe they export globally. Lots of Makarov's still in service, including in police/military. Nice way to update your existing arms instead of spending more money on new pistols. I'd bet that lots of them are still in Israel being used in some capacity, either by police or on the private market where allowed. Multiple Israeli firms make Mak holsters, so I imagine it's a popular conceal carry choice for those that have a right to do so.

It's an Israeli company and I believe they export globally. Lots of Makarov's still in service, including in police/military. Nice way to update your existing arms instead of spending more money on new pistols. I'd bet that lots of them are still in Israel being used in some capacity, either by police or on the private market where allowed. Multiple Israeli firms make Mak holsters, so I imagine it's a popular conceal carry choice for those that have a right to do so.

With the mag capacity and horrible balistics of 9x18 I find it incredibly hard to believe any none 3rd world country's police or miltary is using them.

I agree with it still being a viable sidearm design. I wish I could add one of the more refined CZ82 pistols to my collection and one of the Bulgarian models with the correct fixed rear sight. Hell I watched another video earlier from Classic Firearms and the guy opened a freshly imported crate full of them. How many Make can you fit in a rifle sized crate? A ****load!
Anyway I'm fairly certain I'll be ordering one of these grips and filing down that ugly beaver tail part and removing the lanyard loop. I just ain't decided if I should go with the FDE, OD green or black. I'm starting to think black is the way to go. FDE AND the new style grip together might just be too much tacticool for a Mam.

I agree with it still being a viable sidearm design. I wish I could add one of the more refined CZ82 pistols to my collection and one of the Bulgarian models with the correct fixed rear sight. Hell I watched another video earlier from Classic Firearms and the guy opened a freshly imported crate full of them. How many Make can you fit in a rifle sized crate? A ****load!
Anyway I'm fairly certain I'll be ordering one of these grips and filing down that ugly beaver tail part and removing the lanyard loop. I just ain't decided if I should go with the FDE, OD green or black. I'm starting to think black is the way to go. FDE AND the new style grip together might just be too much tacticool for a Mam.

What's the price point on the grip?

And buy the cz-82 I have forsale

If I ever buy a Makarov, I'll probably grab one of these along with one of these holsters:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EFA-2K-Russ...Makarov-pistol-PM-Black-plastic-/122253072519

What's the price point on the grip?

And buy the cz-82 I have forsale

$42, at least from this retailer

http://www.zahal.org/products/makarov-grip

Back
Top Bottom