• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man, I love to reload!

Plumminfool

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Antique
372   0
Reaction score
I just finished up another 50 rounds for a competition next weekend. I swear I learn something new every time I load! I think I’m gonna start measuring the internal volume of my cases. I’m still perfecting my Creedmoor load. 147 ELD-M over 41g of H4350.
4E635736-E45B-4F7B-A8F4-CC580DE0EAFC.jpeg

Amazing all the little things you learn when you pick up a hobby.

Wished I had the tools/space to reload. Just got my first bolt action (6.5 creed) and I would like to shoot it more.

Don't bother trying to measure the internal volume of your cases, too tedious. Resize then weigh and sort by weight. Since the outside dimensions will match after resize, any discrepancies of weight directly translate to differences of internal volume. It's all C26000 brass from a metallurgy perspective. If OD is standardized, if you have two cases of different weight that difference can only attribute to thickness. Thicker equals smaller internal volume.

Alternative is to fill with water then measure with a fine graduated cylinder. Lots of work to tell you the same thing a good scale will.

I've been reloading for about 10 years. Always learn something new...generally what not to do.

It has allowed me to shoot calibers that I could not afford retail priced ammo. I've also reaped the benefits of extremely accurate loads from development.

I want to start reloading.I need some help with what to buy.I will load only 308 cases and 150 or 165 grain bullets for deer hunting.4064 powder and I think large rifle primers.I say those items from reading some reloading articles.What would get me started.What single stage press?

Back
Top Bottom