• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Man kills himself at Billings shooting range with rented gun.

A woman, which is rare.....

Damn, this just reminded me of something I'd almost forgotten: A couple (or so) years ago, I had a pistol for sale on Armslist. I got a message from a woman up in Lagrange saying she was very interested, but was just now headed out of town for the weekend, but would contact me Monday, and take it, guaranteed. I contacted her back, everything sounded good, and I assumed I had a deal.
Well, sometime after that, I got a message that looked like it was coming from her again, but it turned out to be from her husband, who was using the same series of messages the woman and I used.
The man identified himself as a doctor in lagrange, said he was the woman's husband, and told me that she was suffering from extreme depression and is trying to kill herself, and that this pistol was specifically for that purpose. He asked to please NOT sell her this pistol, and asked if I could contact him, and gave a number.
This of course freaked me the **** out, and i called the doctor, pronto. We spoke for a good little while, and based on that conversation, I believed every word of what he said.
I messaged the woman back, apologizing and saying that another buyer showed up for the pistol, and I never heard from, or about, either of them again.
Ain't that some **** ??

Wow...

Just like more women own and shoot firearms, more of them are using them in suicide attempts as well.... something that used to be almost 100% male.

I know that at the range I go to they have to run all the new employees through a quick training course on what to look for in a suicide-renter. Kind of like hotel desk clerks having to know that someone walking on alone with no luggage, and asking for a room on the 20th floor is a problem.

The suicide that really got was the one a few years ago in FL, where a woman shot her son in the head then killed herself.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/04/07/florida-woman-kills-son-self-at-gun-range.html

It happens more then you think..... in the past 20 years I'd bet my cousins range has had 6 to 8 easily
Dang man, that sucks.

Wow...

Just like more women own and shoot firearms, more of them are using them in suicide attempts as well.... something that used to be almost 100% male.

I know that at the range I go to they have to run all the new employees through a quick training course on what to look for in a suicide-renter. Kind of like hotel desk clerks having to know that someone walking on alone with no luggage, and asking for a room on the 20th floor is a problem.

The suicide that really got was the one a few years ago in FL, where a woman shot her son in the head then killed herself.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/2009/04/07/florida-woman-kills-son-self-at-gun-range.html
I remember that, it was incredibly cruel and selfish. Smh....

Why would somebody "rent" a gun to kill themselves with?

Why not just BUY one?
Put it on the credit card-- it's not like you're going to be around to deal with that statement and bill next month.

Pay with a check-- who cares how much money is in your account? By the time they process the check and it gets flagged as NSF, you're already gone.

But then, the "logic" of people who are mentally sick enough to kill themselves isn't very good logic after all.
Suicide is a permanent end to a temporary problem.

And, if these people were not right with the Lord, they're forfeiting all of eternity as well.

Don't those guys have garages where they can sit in a running car and not bother anyone?
I've heard (not sure I believe it) that it's difficult if not impossible to kill yourself that way today, with all the reduced/cleaned emissions.
(I find it hard to believe you'd survive if you attached a mask to the exhaust pipi, but I can believe it'd be harder to do in a closed garage.)
Why would somebody "rent" a gun to kill themselves with?

Why not just BUY one?
Put it on the credit card-- it's not like you're going to be around to deal with that statement and bill next month.

Pay with a check-- who cares how much money is in your account? By the time they process the check and it gets flagged as NSF, you're already gone.
If you don't own any guns, and don't know anyone who does, you have to worry about the "waiting period", you can't get one today (in such people's mind)!
And, if these people were not right with the Lord, they're forfeiting all of eternity as well.
After committing suicide, I'm not sure how right you'll be with the Lord. (Possibly forgiven, after a while.)

Back
Top Bottom