• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mandatory List or Items

Damn I'm late on this thread! I guess it's been beaten to death by now. Some people think their used Glock is worth more than $450.00. I know S&W 686, any barrel length we're selling new for $625.00 recently. Peoples trade values are all over the place!!

Damn I'm late on this thread! I guess it's been beaten to death by now. Some people think their used Glock is worth more than $450.00. I know S&W 686, any barrel length we're selling new for $625.00 recently. Peoples trade values are all over the place!!

Some folks "need" to get rid of a firearm, then some folks just don't have any use for a firearm any longer or became bored with it.

The main factors in any deal are, how bad the seller needs to sell, and how bad the buyer wants to buy it.

better late than never. Reguardless of what its actually worth to you or the general population, what the useful information is what it is worth to the person selling/trading it. If I have no idea what the trade value is then it makes it difficult to trade. The seller may have purchased a PT111 off a guy for $350 and come to list it here. The seller has no idea its a $200 new. He list for trade with no price and will trade for a Glock. REALLY? What Glock? a GAP? a Long slide? A $2000 custom stippled? AND he wants $350 trade and only wants to give you $300 cause he's seen police trade ins online. PMing this guy is a waste of your time. IF we could link posts, IF we could talk FREELY, maybe information could flow freely on the information highway. BUT we are Gimped. If you buy a supposed 100 year old pistol to find out its a 10 year old copy, its on you. If you waste time trying to convince a guy in PMs hes wrong, you have no community backing. If you like clickbait posts DEAL and its $3.50 over msrp be happy. If you like shopping with zero references, youve come to the right place. If you like blind auctions with no commitment, youll love it here.

better late than never. Reguardless of what its actually worth to you or the general population, what the useful information is what it is worth to the person selling/trading it. If I have no idea what the trade value is then it makes it difficult to trade. The seller may have purchased a PT111 off a guy for $350 and come to list it here. The seller has no idea its a $200 new. He list for trade with no price and will trade for a Glock. REALLY? What Glock? a GAP? a Long slide? A $2000 custom stippled? AND he wants $350 trade and only wants to give you $300 cause he's seen police trade ins online. PMing this guy is a waste of your time. IF we could link posts, IF we could talk FREELY, maybe information could flow freely on the information highway. BUT we are Gimped. If you buy a supposed 100 year old pistol to find out its a 10 year old copy, its on you. If you waste time trying to convince a guy in PMs hes wrong, you have no community backing. If you like clickbait posts DEAL and its $3.50 over msrp be happy. If you like shopping with zero references, youve come to the right place. If you like blind auctions with no commitment, youll love it here.
If you enjoy the whole trading experience, haggling, and contacting others to see what they might have and trading my shiny stuff for your shiny stuff, then this is a great site. Is it perfect for everyone? No, but if you want to only trade for set items or prices say so in your ad and skip the ones that don't. Simple enough IMO
I don't understand when people only want to do something just "their" way and others don't have the freedom to do the same thing the way they wish.
All ads should have a reference point to something they may find acceptable. If it's for sale a cash price. If it's for sale/trade then an item similar to what they would be interested in is fine. Part of the experience is the ride, I've traded for stuff I never knew I might want. I've traded up, and I've traded down depending on how bad I want something.
I'm not worried whether I make money or not. This is a hobby and not my way of earning a living.
Another point: Not everyone is a trading nut, like some of us. Takes experience to know what mistakes are made. But when threads like this pop up demeaning everyone that doesn't know as much as some, that just drives the new guys away. They have stuff I want sometimes, sure don't want to miss out.
And another: how is it wrong for a seller not to research a value, but somehow just fine that a buyer doesn't "have the time" to do a little research? Not like we don't have the accumulated knowledge (and sometimes lack of) of mankind at out fingertips...

Not all aimed at you OP

Back
Top Bottom