• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mandatory List or Items

Come on fellas. I think what OP was saying is that it's frustrating when someone puts up an ad saying one thing but not really meaning it. I place a little value on my time. Offering trade after trade in line of what the ad says and not getting a positive reply probably means the ad should be more specific. Everybody knows it's true. Venting won't fix it cause there's no fixing it. Sometimes it just makes you feel better to know you're not the only one. Trading is part of the gun hobby. Getting trade offers rejected is part of the gun hobby. Venting on ODT is part of the gun hobby and it's free.

big thing.... if you offer a trade and are not specific,or you offer a trade +cash but dont give a value...
ANSWER YOUR STINKING PM'S!!!
seems a lot of guys refuse to respond to an offer ,when they are vague on what they want..
i get it,you dont want what was offered. but if you say open to anything,at least be willing to respond...
i still think "wont communicate" should be added to feedback. sure some guys are offline for extended periods of time,you can see that by clicking on their name.. if you have a pm and ignore it, you are a sorry odter. if you get an offer and you are a chode about it,your a sorry odter.
by the time you read a pm, it takes only seconds to say "no thanks" and thats all it takes.

Some of these idiots think that posting in threads is far more important than replying to PMs, until you send them a ugly PM, then they find all kinds of time to excuse their lameness. Off to ignore they go.

I love getting offers and always give a polite reply whether I want the item offered or not. My listings always say "wide open on trades" or "feel free to make an offer". I feel I would get more but too many on this site start rant threads and demand more regulation as to what people should ask for their property.
If you don't want trade offers go to GB or AL!

So if I were to trade you $600 worth of lime green carpet youd trade? Most wouldnt. So youre not open to all offers. Also I have no clue that you value your rifle at $800 and you might have accepted but you hate green and Im $200 short in trade. Ive brought off GB before. Ive got no problem doing that.

Btw, your linked website of great knowledge on sail prices.........sucks, lol.

Attachments

• IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 22
There is no official value for used goods. A used widget is worth what you can sell it for, or trade it for. It may be worth a bale of hay, or 2, that is up to how bad you want the hay, or I want the widget.

If you have a ginger hooker and want to trade it for my blond hooker, I expect you to pony up cash, you may feel different. :thumb:

An item is only worth what someone will pay but, it helps to know the price. Even in poor countries some markets have prices above goods, and they are willing to haggle. BUT they give you a starting price.

All my ignorees, come from lameness, lying, and failed communications.
I haven't ignored any of the ignorant Liberal posters in the forums, instead I get banned.:wacko:

My failed trades are running about 10%.
And adding to ignore is a nice feature.
Id like to cut down on opening a listing where the seller/trader has no clue what they want, is "going to be picky on this one" and does not list a trade value. To me this equates to an open auction.

Im good with this if the entire site shifts to this format. Just be consistent. Maybe I can move some stuff for a sweet profit instead of cherry picking stuff I want to shoot.

Back
Top Bottom