• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mandatory Location

I don't know any ZIP Codes except the ones where I live and work so ZIP Codes aren't useful for me. If I want to know whether something being offered for sale or trade is close to me I want to know a (big or medium sized) city name, or a County name.

If seller says "30267" it means little to me, unless I Google it online looking for a ZIP Code map.

If the seller says "Crawford" or "Lexington" then I might recall from memory that these places are somewhere near Athens, and
probably outside of my area of interest.

Ditto if the seller says "Oglethorpe County." I can guess that they're too far from me, but I'd have to consult the internet to be sure.

But if somebody said they're
"20 miles due east of Athens"
then I have a very good idea where they are and I don't need to look anything up online.

It was discovered you can't make people actually understand where in Georgia they live so it was deactivated.
Plus people who will not drive past their mail box to make a deal with a perfect stranger are skeered that posting their county/zip code will put them on the BATF. FBI, KGB, Mossad radar screen.

Back
Top Bottom