• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marauder Style Conversion

Only od is hot water. Stove and a steel pot or never seasoned iron pot is perfect for small parts / handguns.

Very nice, I am getting ready to start a project and will be referencing this thread A LOT I am sure...................

I have the good fortune of having one of these passed down to me. (not good fortune of losing a family member) It is the same model 336 but the manufacturing date it 1972. Being that it is a family gun I do not intend on shortening the barrel or modifying the stock but I am considering redoing the finish seeing that there is some rust on it that I am slowly working on. There is also some pitting on the side of the breach opposite the ejector port. I was thinking on cerakoting it flat black but have not decided yet. I have seen some of the newer models in flat black and it looks really cool. I may just get rid of the rust and re--blue it.

Cool, post pics, take yer time, do it yer way and have fun with it. Every one is a fun and a learnin experience.

keep asking. questions and practice makes perfect...hells bells, I might run into onna yer same problems one day, will be nice to have already discussed it and perhaps even solved it.!!!

Thanks. Last I heard a fellow over on Marlins owns it now. Seems happy with it . Dont check in there much anymore cause the new passwords are too damn long and I can't remember and wind up having to get a new one every time the power fails.....Too much hassle. But. At least the gun has a nice home and gets used some.

Back
Top Bottom