• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marijuana and Violence study

There's no 'massaging'? It's simply the stats. What makes you say definitively weed is NOT one of the contributing factors? And are you suggesting that alcohol use has gone up equally as much as marijuana use since marijuana was legalized? What are you basing that on? I know you live there (only post legalization I assume) so perhaps you have some added info. When it comes to issues like this I tend to be data driven. Like Ross Perot, I'm all ears......
Just what I see around me every day.... Fentanyl and other opioids are the problem... Thing is most opioid users also smoke pot so....

so the dakotas...by population %...LOL.

texas...how many mass shootings in the past 10 years?

Idaho...LOL

nevada...

so only texas, california, florida and georgia gained more actual population than CO over that interval. only texas in that grp gained more % of population during that time frame.

stop making my points for me.
lol. Do you understand how numbers work? Talk about cherry picking. We were (I thought) discussing crime rate. You then suggested Colorado's crime rate increased due to an increasing population. That is obviously not correct. CO doesn't even make the top 10 the last couple years in growth yet has one of the highest violent crime increases over that time.
Here's two facts. 1) Colorado's violent crime rate has risen since the legalization of marijuana. 2) States that have grown faster than CO have shown less of a violent crime increase than CO.
You are absolutely free to not like those facts and you can say the rise in crime has nothing to do with legalization (lots of conjecture to support that), but you can't pretend they don't exist or a counter reality exists. Well I guess you can pretend...
1654191463185.png

Just what I see around me every day.... Fentanyl and other opiods are the problem... Thing is most opioid users also smoke pot so....
I agree. It certainly seems that regular weed is not anymore or less a societal 'problem' per capita than it ever was. Unlike too many other drugs.

lol. Do you understand how numbers work? Talk about cherry picking. We were (I thought) discussing crime rate. You then suggested Colorado's crime rate increased due to an increasing population. That is obviously not correct. CO doesn't even make the top 10 the last couple years in growth yet has one of the highest violent crime increases over that time.
Here's two facts. 1) Colorado's violent crime rate has risen since the legalization of marijuana. 2) States that have grown faster than CO have shown less of a violent crime increase than CO.
You are absolutely free to not like those facts and you can say the rise in crime has nothing to do with legalization (lots of conjecture to support that), but you can't pretend they don't exist or a counter reality exists. Well I guess you can pretend...
View attachment 4352529
Consider the treatment of these felons here too.... When you know for a fact that you can steal three cars in one night and get released on a bench ticket every time you get caught.... Well if there are no consequences to crime then crime goes up.

Colorado is soft on crime. I have seen people smoking Fentanyl on the platforms at Union Station right in the middle of downtown Denver in broad daylight right in front of the DPD and not get arrested or even hassled.....

It’s not the pot dude, it's liberal leaders that promote a lawless society by removing consequences and not penalizing offenders.

OH and nice Monos, I may steal them since there are no consequences for stealing anymore.

Consider the treatment of these felons here too.... When you know for a fact that you can steal three cars in one night and get released on a bench ticket every time you get caught.... Well if there are no consequences to crime then crime goes up.
this.

40% of crime in ATL is caused by the same 1,000 people. I'm not rocket surgeon but I feel like I know a good way to reduce crime in ATL by 40%...

View attachment 4352529
top 10 in % growth. look at actual #'s and the impact on infrastructure. don't ****ing be obtuse. the Dakotas grew population because of liberals and the fracking industry over the past 5 years....now they are all unemployed. how many moved back home? what states have had more of a population growth? answer the question.

Colorado is soft on crime. I have seen people smoking Fentanyl on the platforms at Union Station right in the middle of downtown Denver in broad daylight right in front of the DPD and not get arrested or even hassled.....

It’s not the pot dude, it's liberal leaders that promote a lawless society by removing consequences and not penalizing offenders.

OH and nice Monos, I may steal them since there are no consequences for stealing anymore.
so have I. I am in denver 1-2x a month. liberal policies are what is to blame. 2 weeks ago, outside of union station, there was a white dude harassing everyone that walked by him. he wasn't smoking weed. he was high as **** on meth and who knows what else. several people offered him a joint and almost got attacked. it is mental health and hard drugs.

so have I. I am in denver 1-2x a month. liberal policies are what is to blame. 2 weeks ago, outside of union station, there was a white dude harassing everyone that walked by him. he wasn't smoking weed. he was high as **** on meth and who knows what else. several people offered him a joint and almost got attacked. it is mental health and hard drugs.
several other homeless, non violent people...all white as wonder bread.

Back
Top Bottom