• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marijuana and Violence study

Exactly how would you determine it was weed causing it?
"Perfectly level-headed" is a subjective term.
What's interesting is you can find almost any study you want, supporting whatever 'side' you want. But one side seems to be short on objective facts and long on conjecture.
The below are objective facts. What anyone chooses to conclude or ignore is up to the individual.
Colorado legalized recreational use in December of 2012 (and retail in Jan 2014).
These are the resulting numbers. https://www.disastercenter.com/crime/cocrime.htm
Last data shown is 2019 which shows a 31% increase in the violent crime rate (adjusted for population increase).
And since 2019, it's even worse. https://www.cpr.org/2022/03/10/colorado-crime-rates/
You know, I always believed the people who talked about how potheads were just lazy and hungry and I never really cared either way, until recently. I have 3 friends who love to partake and there is one guy who always ends up starting a fight once he gets high. He is very laid back until he gets into the weed.
Then I thought back on my teenage years and there was another guy who was just the same growing up.

I was never a smoker and don't GAS what adults do, but I think there is something to this and how it effects young developing brains is probably much different than how it effects an adult.

You know, I always believed the people who talked about how potheads were just lazy and hungry and I never really cared either way, until recently. I have 3 friends who love to partake and there is one guy who always ends up starting a fight once he gets high. He is very laid back until he gets into the weed.
Then I thought back on my teenage years and there was another guy who was just the same growing up.

I was never a smoker and don't GAS what adults do, but I think there is something to this and how it effects young developing brains is probably much different than how it effects an adult.
Sounds like that guy is just a jackass that wants to fight honestly.

Sounds like that guy is just a jackass that wants to fight honestly.
Even if you are correct, obviously the THC exacerbates it...so I think we can agree there can be an issue that should be studied. Especially with kids and young adults.

What we know for sure is THC effects the brain, we just need to know in what way and how much. Maybe if we didn't bury our heads in the sand we could develop a strain that doesn't have any of the negative effects. I imagine that would appeal to you.

There's always exceptions to the rule. Some people just get braver and more cocky while intoxicated no matter what the intoxicant is.
Especially young males. Your two examples are not the norm.

In a perfect world, nobody would ever abuse drugs or intoxicants of any kind. But we don't live in a perfect world. I can't think of a single recreational drug with less consequences than jazz cabbage.

Even if you are correct, obviously the THC exacerbates it...so I think we can agree there can be an issue that should be studied. Especially with kids and young adults.

What we know for sure is THC effects the brain, we just need to know in what way and how much. Maybe if we didn't bury our heads in the sand we could develop a strain that doesn't have any of the negative effects. I imagine that would appeal to you.
Doubt it. I bet you that same guy would do the same thing if he drank brown liquor or tequila.

Back
Top Bottom