• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marion Road Gun Club 2019 Stake Shoot Fundraiser - Open to the Public - Date Change!

palmettomoon

Army Icon Super Lifetime Supporter 1
NRA Life Member Wayne LaPierre & Chris Cox Hater
225   0
Reaction score
Saturday, August 3rd, 2019 at 10 AM – 1 PM
Marion Road Gun Club Inc
6170 Marion Rd, Macon, Georgia 31217

Details

This will be an exciting event that shooters of ALL SKILL LEVELS shooters will enjoy! No experience required.

REGISTRATION BEGINS AT 0900, FIRST SHOTS AT 1000

OBJECTIVE: Cut (shoot) a wooden stake (1x4”) into two distinct pieces as fast as possible. Teams will fire at a stake placed at a distance of about 7 yards. Unlimited reloads allowed during each stage. Here’s some video from our last stake shoot: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0729l8QKS-4 (fast forward to about 1:00 for the action).

COST: $5.00 per shooter or $15 per team, per turn. Teams many shoot as many turns as desired. Proceeds will help fund ongoing range improvements at MRGC. CASH PREFERRED, checks accepted.

TEAMS & SCORING: Each team will have 3 members. Shooters may form their own teams in advance OR be assigned to one on match day. Everyone who attends and pays will shoot. Reload as often as needed. The team shooting the stake in half the fastest wins. The match director is final authority on disputes.

PRIZES: The team with the fastest time wins $180. ALL participants will be entered to win their choice of 300 rounds of quality 9mm or 45ACP ammo, regardless of score.

GEAR: Ear and eye protection is mandatory. Any caliber of handgun is acceptable but NO FULL AUTO or handguns firing shotgun shells (i.e. Taurus Judge). Optics or iron sights may be used. Holsters are not required. Recommend minimum of 200+ rounds per shooter. Fill magazines or clips PRIOR TO ARRIVAL to save time. Any number of mags/clips of any capacity may be used.

FOOD: Burgers, hot dogs, chips and drinks will be available.

NOTE: Spent brass will become club property.

Volunteers Needed! Email marion_road@yahoo.com if interested.

62342322_2504403272927433_1113630001321738240_n.jpg

The club is sponsoring this shoot to raise funds for improvements to the new Pistol Pits!

65176045_2521017041266056_792400128714473472_n.jpg

Aw, well, you guys have fun...I was actually thinking about making the trip until I read that. :(
God, what a cheap ass. LOL! We always "auction off" the spent brass after the match. It's a fundraiser.

I usually bring a mix of small and large primed .45 ACP to shoot just to piss off the winner of the brass.

God, what a cheap ass.
When you sustain your ability to enjoy the sport by reloading, well, it is what it is. There's a couple of ranges here in the metro area that I will not go to because they have the same policy. It's my brass, I want it back.

Anyhow, like I said, sounds like fun, truly. I'll look forward to the pics.

When you sustain your ability to enjoy the sport by reloading, well, it is what it is. There's a couple of ranges here in the metro area that I will not go to because they have the same policy. It's my brass, I want it back.

Anyhow, like I said, sounds like fun, truly. I'll look forward to the pics.
The main problem is we will have about 40 shooters and no time to have anyone walking around picking out their brass from the thousands of pieces laying about near the firing points. Sorry. I keep a bucket of prep'd range pickup brass for loading for just these types of events or matches at clubs where you don't want to be "that guy" slowing everything to a crawl while you look for your brass.

The main problem is we will have about 40 shooters and no time to have anyone walking around picking out their brass from the thousands of pieces laying about near the firing points.
I get that...and that's what most ranges that have this policy say. It's a safety issue, we can't have people policing brass while other people are shooting, no one beyond the firing line...I get it, I totally do. The reality, though, is that while all that may be true, they are policing the brass at the end of the day each day/week and then selling it, making money off of my "donation."

It's a principle thing for me...but I'm not going to poo-poo all over the thread. Y'all have fun and I hope you raise a bunch of money for the pits!

Back
Top Bottom