• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mark Richt resigns

I hate to break it to everyone here but UGA has not been relevant on the national title stage in over 20 years. The only year that is a maybe it was coached by Richt. It is going to be another 20+ years before UGA wins another national title maybe even get to that game....

It would be more if Richt stayed around. You are obviously ignorant on the subject and this post above proves it.
I stand by all of my statements and think you have never even played the sport for your lack of knowledge..... glws

I hate to break it to everyone here but UGA has not been relevant on the national title stage in over 20 years. The only year that is a maybe it was coached by Richt. It is going to be another 20+ years before UGA wins another national title maybe even get to that game....

I should bookmark this thread and bring it up in two years and watch you eat crow.

So your solution is to just maintain status quo for the next 20 years and do nothing?
Ohio State, FSU, Auburn and Clemson have all made recent coaching changes - and all resulted in conference and national championship runs.

Why you think that, bud? I respect your opinion and would love to know why you think it was a mistake....
I just believe he's a good Christian man that had more to offer the players other than football, in the end, that builds a great team.

I will pipe in:
First off.. Only one team a year will win it all...I think richt has done a solid job the question you have to ask is... Would Saban or Meyer have won at least one championship?
I am not sure the answer is yes..
Which goes back to my first statement which is only one team wins it all...if not you it is much better to have a leader of such high integrity..
And the other side is neither Saban or Meyer is coming here...

JMHO

Some ignorant sum ***** trying to patronize me. Hilarious. Look up Chelsea Football club and more specifically Jose Mourinho. **** it sounds like you would hire Ray Lewis or Barack Obama if it meant you would win a national championship. Sometimes the cost is just too damn high and then you look like patriots fans.

Do you kiss your mom with that mouth? switch to decaf pal.

That Mark Richt is a good man, to me, is undeniable. That UGA has enjoyed some very good seasons under Richt, also is undeniable, his winning percentage proves that. Richt's firing to me is more about his hiring of sub-par assistant coaches, staying with those sub-par assistant coaches for far too long, and his teams inability to win a recently weak Eastern Division of the SEC. Richt's program has flat lined and does not appear to be able to reach the next plateau. There have been far too many horrific losses, and not enough signature wins. The program may in fact take a backward step when Richt leaves, look what happened at UT when Fulmer was fired. However, despite the fact I like Coach Richt, in my opinion, it is time for Richt, and UGA, to move on to something else. It would have been easy for UGA to keep Richt and have another 9-3 season next year, but not compete for the Eastern Division of the SEC. I am not one of those who expect a SEC Championship every year. But, I do expect UGA to win more Eastern Division Championships than Missouri in a 5 year stretch. I am a UGA fan, win or lose. I just believe it is time for a change.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom