• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mark Richt resigns

I just believe he's a good Christian man that had more to offer the players other than football, in the end, that builds a great team.

I agree but also think it was time for a change. He lost the support of his back office and was trying his best to run the team with 2 good players, one of which got hurt and put out for the year. He should retire and start a camp for you players. He's got the endorsements and capital to do whatever he wants.

Were UGA's current crop of QBs touted highly?

How is it Richts fault that Chubb got injured or fumbles and dropped passes costing them games? Look at that BS from the Auburn game what last year twwo years ago? That is Richts fault? Come on man be real.

Yes, on the surface your logic makes sense. This is the argument a lot of people make when head coaches get fired because they don't realize how much influence on a daily basis the coach truly has.
Also, yeah Chubb got injured. But you're acting like our other RB's were useless. Sony Michel is incredible and broke school records this year. Douglas isn't bad either.
It definitely isn't all richt's fault.. But when you've gone 15 years as a top recruiting SEC school with no national championships and a mediocre-to-good record I can't disagree with the decision to try something new. we're getting the #1 recruited quarterback in the country for next season. Chubb is also going to be back. Why not throw a new head coach in and start fresh?
No one really knows how it's gonna go until it goes.

A good team. Not great. That's the point.
I do agree with what you are saying, injuries in my opinion is the only thing keeping GA out of the playoffs, and the lack of the QB position. But I believe GA will not find a coach better than Richt. Maybe some new blood will help the program out. With coaching like Brian Schottenheimer I don't think the staff can get much better. Some of you have mentioned recruiting as the issue, well maybe so, we will definitely find out know.

That Mark Richt is a good man, to me, is undeniable. That UGA has enjoyed some very good seasons under Richt, also is undeniable, his winning percentage proves that. Richt's firing to me is more about his hiring of sub-par assistant coaches, staying with those sub-par assistant coaches for far too long, and his teams inability to win a recently weak Eastern Division of the SEC. Richt's program has flat lined and does not appear to be able to reach the next plateau. There have been far too many horrific losses, and not enough signature wins. The program may in fact take a backward step when Richt leaves, look what happened at UT when Fulmer was fired. However, despite the fact I like Coach Richt, in my opinion, it is time for Richt, and UGA, to move on to something else. It would have been easy for UGA to keep Richt and have another 9-3 season next year, but not compete for the Eastern Division of the SEC. I am not one of those who expect a SEC Championship every year. But, I do expect UGA to win more Eastern Division Championships that Missouri in a 5 year stretch. I am a UGA fan, win or lose. I just believe it is time for a change.

Well said.

upload_2015-11-30_11-11-5.png

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/saban-on-richt-firing-i-dont-know-what-the-world-i/npYSB/

Mark is one hell of a leader and man from what everybody is saying about him...I honestly don't know a thing about him....but if he is a godly man as I hear...he will do just fine...I'm not ga fan no means...I actually can't stand them...because I've been around a lot of obnoxious fans of the dawgs...not all are obnoxious,but enough. ..lol God will take care of his people...just watch Mark will rise to the top wherever he goes

Yes, on the surface your logic makes sense. This is the argument a lot of people make when head coaches get fired because they don't realize how much influence on a daily basis the coach truly has.
Also, yeah Chubb got injured. But you're acting like our other RB's were useless. Sony Michel is incredible and broke school records this year. Douglas isn't bad either.
It definitely isn't all richt's fault.. But when you've gone 15 years as a top recruiting SEC school with no national championships and a mediocre-to-good record I can't disagree with the decision to try something new. we're getting the #1 recruited quarterback in the country for next season. Chubb is also going to be back. Why not throw a new head coach in and start fresh?
No one really knows how it's gonna go until it goes.

If Mark Richt was coaching like Mike Smith I would agree with him losing his job...He didn't though...

Will be very interesting to see if Jacob comes to UGA now. My assumption is that he doesn't and then people chalk up the next two horrible seasons to regime change then the third year when things aren't better then either will finally begin to see the error of their ways.

For the talk about Eason, remember the last time UGA started a true Freshman QB? Stafford. Well, here is his stat line from his Freshman year in 2006.

135/256 1,749YRDS 52.7% 7TD 13INT 109.0RAT

Not real impressive numbers wise. Georgia finished 9-4, 4-4 in the conference. Eason coming in doesn't guarantee anything even if he wins the starting job.

Maybe they should hire Ken Niumatalolo from Navy and run the option with Chubb and Michel all season. Working at a service academy, he's managed to have a winning season six out of seven years. 9-2 this year and they should beat Army to go to 10-2.

Back
Top Bottom