• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mark Richt resigns

I hope they hire Muschamp so Smart cant bring him to UGA.

I hope not. I forgot to mention that there is a third for the SC job: Shane Beamer. I like him. He was the recruiting coordinator that recruited the kids that played during the streak of 11 win seasons. Clowney, Lattimore, many of the guys who made it to the NFL - Beamer brought them in. Would be a good candidate.

But if Muschamp is the hire, oh boy, I might have to go buy some Auburn crap. McElwain is 10-2 this year with Muschamp's players. With the exception of the year Dan Quinn was at Florida as the DC, those teams under-performed.

I don't know why he's getting any consideration, even for UGA's DC job. Auburn looked like garbage this year on both sides of the ball.

upload_2015-12-3_11-47-9.png

So, after stating how much he wanted to coach the bowl game and finish the season at Georgia, Mark Richt has now said he will not coach the bowl game. I get that he got hired by Miami, but that doesnt seem very honorable to me to say you're going to do something and claim to be so excited about doing it and back out a week or so later. Just lost whatever respect I had for him as a man.

So, after stating how much he wanted to coach the bowl game and finish the season at Georgia, Mark Richt has now said he will not coach the bowl game. I get that he got hired by Miami, but that doesnt seem very honorable to me to say you're going to do something and claim to be so excited about doing it and back out a week or so later. Just lost whatever respect I had for him as a man.

I wouldn't judge him on that. Recruiting season is heating up. Miami most likely does not want their new head coach spending the next month preparing for a game that means nothing to them. He needs to get down to Miami, get on the phones, and start getting some of those UGA recruits to come play for the Hurricanes. Eason included. I'm sure he'd love to coach the Bowl Game, but Miami probably didn't want it, I doubt Georgia wanted it, and it gives the current UGA staff an audition to remain with Kirby as the head man.

It's very rare for a coach to coach a Bowl Game when they've accepted a job elsewhere. When he accepted the Miami job, that killed him coaching the Bowl Game, whether he wanted to or not. At the end of the day, if Georgia really wanted him coaching the bowl game, they don't authorize the firing/resignation/whatever you want to call it.

In other coaching news: Odom (Mizzou DC) to Mizzou after Memphis wouldn't pay him enough. Memphis hires Norvell of Arizona State. North Texas is most likely hiring UNC's OC, but it wouldn't be announced until after the Championship game. With Mizzou making their hire, the Carolina job is easily the most attractive left on the menu with your choice of Rutgers/Virginia/Syracuse second. Carolina is interviewing Muscrap and from "sources", he was going to be high on the list last year if Spurrier had retired after the Miami bowl game as he should have. Rutgers looking at Ohio State's DC, Dino Babers getting mentions for Syracuse. Jeremy Pruitt has been mentioned for the South Carolina job too.

I wouldn't judge him on that. Recruiting season is heating up. Miami most likely does not want their new head coach spending the next month preparing for a game that means nothing to them. He needs to get down to Miami, get on the phones, and start getting some of those UGA recruits to come play for the Hurricanes. Eason included. I'm sure he'd love to coach the Bowl Game, but Miami probably didn't want it, I doubt Georgia wanted it, and it gives the current UGA staff an audition to remain with Kirby as the head man.

It's very rare for a coach to coach a Bowl Game when they've accepted a job elsewhere. When he accepted the Miami job, that killed him coaching the Bowl Game, whether he wanted to or not. At the end of the day, if Georgia really wanted him coaching the bowl game, they don't authorize the firing/resignation/whatever you want to call it.

In other coaching news: Odom (Mizzou DC) to Mizzou after Memphis wouldn't pay him enough. Memphis hires Norvell of Arizona State. North Texas is most likely hiring UNC's OC, but it wouldn't be announced until after the Championship game. With Mizzou making their hire, the Carolina job is easily the most attractive left on the menu with your choice of Rutgers/Virginia/Syracuse second. Carolina is interviewing Muscrap and from "sources", he was going to be high on the list last year if Spurrier had retired after the Miami bowl game as he should have. Rutgers looking at Ohio State's DC, Dino Babers getting mentions for Syracuse. Jeremy Pruitt has been mentioned for the South Carolina job too.
So do you believe that Richt had no idea he was probably going to end up in Miami as soon as he was fired? I was pretty sure thats what would happen as soon as I heard he'd been fired. Why even say he wanted to coach the bowl game if he knew he was going somewhere else?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom