• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mark Richt resigns

Lane kiddin to UGA....lol...have fun!!!

He won't get UGA but if he wants to be a head coach next year, he'll be one somewhere. Saban has saved his ass.

UCF would be a great spot for him. His wife went to Florida, sure they're familiar with the area as his dad was the DC for the Bucs for many years, and he can get recruits. Toledo might be an option too since their HC just left to go to Iowa State. But I can't see a SEC school hiring him as a HC after that stint in Tennessee.

Y'all make fun of kiffin all you want....BUT.at least he's with a program that plays in major bowl games every I mean every yr...so lane kidding about that....ROLL TIDE ROLL

Sure, the program is consistent now after lucking out with Saban wanting to pull a Spurrier by running back to the college game, but there was a time when Alabama was not all that hot.

Attachments

• mike_shula_2005_10_28.jpg
    mike_shula_2005_10_28.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 17
Hell No to Kiffin too !

It will be interesting to see who winds up there. Where do ya'll think Richt goes ? Or stay's @ GA for that matter ? I say Miami pays him and he goes there.

I'm biased as a South Carolina fan but I want him in Columbia, and it's not a long trip from where he's at now so he doesn't have to uproot the family all that much. But if he decides to coach next year, Miami would make more sense. ACC is easier to win in and it's where he went to college. But after 15 years, taking a year off would make a lot of sense too. But then one year off turns into two, and two turns into four, and then you're Bill Cowher and never coaching again.

Sure, the program is consistent now after lucking out with Saban wanting to pull a Spurrier by running back to the college game, but there was a time when Alabama was not all that hot.
Ga hired right thinking he
Even when Alabama was just barely warm they where at least 20 degrees hotter than ga....except the yr hermit walker was there...but I give to ga.at least the fans want a great season

When Bobo left, I thought the offensive play calling would improve. But, it hasn't which reveals a problem. Playing too conservatively will NOT win a championship. You have to believe in and trust in your players talents. This will bring out the best in them. Give them the chance that they need to be the best at what they do. Richt doesn't do this. Best wishes to CMR.

When Bobo left, I thought the offensive play calling would improve. But, it hasn't which reveals a problem. Playing too conservatively will NOT win a championship. You have to believe in and trust in your players talents. This will bring out the best in them. Give them the chance that they need to be the best at what they do. Richt doesn't do this. Best wishes to CMR.
Yeah, but...you have to have the skill spots covered. UGA had no quarterback worth the title. So yeah, they put in a package of plays that were conservative. Bobo couldn't have done any more with these arms than Schottenheimer did. What Spurrier said about talent at UGA is also true...he said something to the effect of 5 star players go to Athens and are never heard from again. What are they doing to them there? They aren't coaching them up.

I thought it was time for Richt to leave too. Past time actually...now if we can just avoid picking up another couple of Goofs..er...Goffs before we find someone good...

Back
Top Bottom