• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin 336SS

Link12

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
408   0
Reaction score
IMG_0088.JPG

I'm not sure why but I really want one of these. Anyone have anything negative to say about them?

I don't know if the old JM stamped Marlins ever came in stainless. So If I was going to buy a Marlin I would look around for a low round count JM stamped gun just to have a superior rifle. Stainless or not. There are a ton of them that come up for sale and you can get them in some casses for under 400 bucks with a scope. There will come a day where the JM stamped guns will be highly sought after and command a premium price.

However, when push comes to shove it will be your rifle so get what you want and don't worry about it if it is stainless you are after. It is a pretty rifle though. Then again there is Henry in that price range.

View attachment 1212133
I'm not sure why but I really want one of these. Anyone have anything negative to say about them?
Well, I know why you want one. They are just cool. lol
I have mentioned on here before that some, not all, but some of the "new" Marlins (Remlins) have some issues, like canted sights, fit and finish problems and other issues. If I were you, I would look to find a JM stamped, Marlin. Marlin did make 336s in stainless and the JM marked Marlins go up to 2008/2009.
I don't have a 336 in stainless, but I do have a 45/70 in stainless. Great rifle, and an unusual rifle. Good luck finding what you want, at the price you want.

Back
Top Bottom