• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin caught just offshore from home..........

I read an article about this catch that says they kept it because it died during the fight. Can't find the link now.

I didn't mean to sound like a hippie tree hugger, but I just don't see why you would kill a big fish like that. If you wanted to get it mounted, the repros they do these days are pretty good.

But if it died, then that makes sense.

I didn't mean to sound like a hippie tree hugger, but I just don't see why you would kill a big fish like that. If you wanted to get it mounted, the repros they do these days are pretty good.

But if it died, then that makes sense.
I feel the same way. Can't eat it, no reason to kill it. I've got a repro of a tarpon I caught that never even came completely out of the water. Looks great!

I feel the same way. Can't eat it, no reason to kill it. I've got a repro of a tarpon I caught they never even came completely out of the water. Looks great!
I hated watching some idiot tourist, pull the scale off a Tarpon and let it go...That is a sentence of death, as it makes a path for Parasites to enter..

I hated watching some idiot tourist, pull the scale off a Tarpon and let it go...That is a sentence of death, as it makes a path for Parasites to enter..
Not sure that's true. The guide I caught that tarpon with was a Marine Biologist and very protective of the fish. He did the same thing.

Back
Top Bottom