• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin is bringing back the 1894 .357 lever rifle

I have 2 remlin lever actions. one from 2015 and one from 2016 and they are both top notch. Dare I say better than any of my JM stamped guns...prettier wood, better bluing, just as smooth of an action and no less accurate.

Remlin rebuilt their entire production line a few years back, after stopping production on anything except their 30-30 levers. They also sat down and created new blueprints for each gun from scratch.

The first of the 'new' Remlins were the 44 Mags, then a year or two ago they came out with the 45 guns (LC and -70). Sounds like they are finally getting to the ones everyone has been waiting for, the 357s.

They were offering some incredible deals earlier this year. I got a 45LC version for almost nothing after the rebate, and it's a much better rifle than the 'old' Remlins I've had. But I'll bet the 357s will sell well enough that they won't have to discount them much at all. Since it's new production they also won't have a lot of excess inventory hanging around like they do right now with the 44/45 guns.

I have a couple of .357 revolvers and think a lever action carbine would be handy but I can't see paying MSRP for one.
THEY'RE NICE BUT UNLESS YOU SHOOT IN COMPETITION WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH IT. THE CALIBER IS MINIMMAL FOR HUNTING DEER,IT'S EXPENSIVE TO SHOOT 357 MAG,45LC OR 44MAG JUST MAKES MORE SENSE TO ME.PLUS THEY ARE VERY COSTLY.

THEY'RE NICE BUT UNLESS YOU SHOOT IN COMPETITION WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH IT. THE CALIBER IS MINIMMAL FOR HUNTING DEER,IT'S EXPENSIVE TO SHOOT 357 MAG,45LC OR 44MAG JUST MAKES MORE SENSE TO ME.PLUS THEY ARE VERY COSTLY.
Why? So I only have to carry one caliber of ammo during the inevitable Zombie Apocolypse of course...:cool:

Back
Top Bottom