• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin is bringing back the 1894 .357 lever rifle

Yeah, but I already have my outfit picked out...how's this going to look if I'm carrying an FN PS90 and Five-seven...?
western-gunman-costume.jpg

THEY'RE NICE BUT UNLESS YOU SHOOT IN COMPETITION WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO WITH IT. THE CALIBER IS MINIMAL FOR HUNTING DEER,IT'S EXPENSIVE TO SHOOT 357 MAG,45LC OR 44MAG JUST MAKES MORE SENSE TO ME.PLUS THEY ARE VERY COSTLY.

For hunting the 44 makes more sense, although the 357 out of a long barrel is no slouch.

They are simply fun to mess around with, and 38 shoots like 22 in them and is pretty cheap.

I too prefer 44 for deer but just recently shot a 77/357 I got. It's a lot of fun and seems to hit hard. May try to take a deer with it in the fall.

The POI was substantially different with 38s, which doesn't come as a surprise.
I need to figure out a way to be able to hit with both with minimal estimation.

I certainly hope that Remlin has their problems and issues solved. I have read some reports that they are better, in terms of fit and finish. But other reports still give them a less than glowing review. I don't know, and will not speculate whether Remlin has their act together. I can say that for the money, I would look for a JM stamped Marlin, or take a look at the Henry. But that is just me, and what do I know.

Back
Top Bottom