• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin JM .44 ID help

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
310   0
Reaction score
I am looking to buy a Marlin JM stamped .44. It is in another state and have a good friend picking it up. Just to make sure I do not waste his time or the seller's time, and since I am a newbie to Marlin JM rifles, can someone eyeball these pics and let me know if anything is out of whack or not in the right place?

Thanks for any info.

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

GetFileAttachment

Looks good from what these pictures show but I personally would want clearer/closer pictures of the roll/stamp markings showing caliber and of course the JM stamp. Also would ask that your buddy have a thorough look see of the barrel rifling with the action open and a bright light.

The pics don't show up for some reason if viewed on a phone. So, here are the pictures embedded into the thread.

I'd ask for the following close up pictures:
left side if the receiver,
where the barrel and receiver meet (left top and right),
the tang behind the hammer,
the muzzle (look for damaged crown or extremely worn bluing), and
the bullseye in the stock (because I'm a Marlin snob)

It looks in great shape barring it hasn't been wore slap out and reblued. Looking at the furniture, butt pad and hammer spur I'd guesstimate late 90's to mid 2000's manufacturing. But that is a WAG on my part.
Either way, if you get it and don't like it give me a shout, I love every Marlin lever gun.

Back
Top Bottom