• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin Lever action question

I only own 2 Remlins. One is a 2015 44mag 1894 and one is a 2015 1895gs in 45-70. Both are very accurate and quality is top notch. Even better than my 2009 JM stamp 1894c

Reactions: JWC
I am always on the look out of a good Marlin lever gun. I only have one but I've always had one. By far my favorite rifle platform. I love AR's but I adore lever guns. I have been looking for a clean 45-70 for some time. However, most gun owners don't take care of their guns like I do and require. I have also been looking for a nice short barrel Texan. I had a Texan Carbine when I was in high school and ended up selling it in my twenties and that's the only gun I really agonize about letting go. I'de like to have one in 44 mag. as well. I will eventually get there but it seems when one comes up, I am right in the middle of an expensive AR build and my funds are wrapped up in it. I prefer thelate 60's, early 1970 and 1980 guns. Finding those guns in new condition is really hard since most guys that buy those guns use then as work horses. Which is what they were made for anyway. Arguably the best deer gun ever made.

I only own 2 Remlins. One is a 2015 44mag 1894 and one is a 2015 1895gs in 45-70. Both are very accurate and quality is top notch. Even better than my 2009 JM stamp 1894c
Glad to that the quality is getting back to where it belongs. Your 2009 1894c is close to the end of the Marlin run, so I it is not unheard of for there to have been a drop off in quality.

I purchased a 44 back in 73, it now belongs to my son..The only one I have left now and won't get rid of is, 444 factory ported guide gun. It shoots sweet

Greg, good to hear that there are still guys who have AR's but can still love the lever rifle platform as well. The older model Marlins, in most any caliber, are getting difficult to find....in good condition, to even fair condition. The Marlins were used because as you said, "arguably the best deer gun ever made". You will not find many Marlins that just sat in the closet gathering dust.
Keep looking and I am sure you will find what you want.

I purchased a 44 back in 73, it now belongs to my son..The only one I have left now and won't get rid of is, 444 factory ported guide gun. It shoots sweet

DD, I traded my, non-ported, 444. I regret that it was traded, but I like what I received in return. I would like to find a .444 ported model. In my opinion, the .444 is an unappreciated round.

DD, I traded my, non-ported, 444. I regret that it was traded, but I like what I received in return. I would like to find a .444 ported model. In my opinion, the .444 is an unappreciated round.
Agree completely, mine will surprise you as to how light the recoil is being ported, for such a heavy round.

guide gun.jpg

Back
Top Bottom