• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin rifles back to good?' sss

I don’t understand the gripes about loading speed and suppressor readiness. We’re talking lever action rifles, right? One would think that the buyer would be aware of the shortcomings. If I want high mag capacity, quick loading and suppressor friendly, I’m choosing a semiauto rifle, not a lever action. It’s like buying a classic El Camino and griping about the lack of seating, towing capacity and cup holders. If you’re pulling a trailer and taking your family, get a 2500HD.

To answer the OP’s question, Remlin’s quality is back up again but many folks still prefer the older and trusted JM marked Marlins...even if it’s only for nostalgic reasons. The Henry rifle is high quality and a great rifle but the design isn’t conducive to cowboy action shooting. Either one is fine for hunting or plinking.

Heck OP, forget Marlin, Remlin, Henry, Rossi all the regular lever rifle makers. Go to

BIG HORN AMORY and get the lever rifle you really want!!!!!!! lol

I don’t understand the gripes about loading speed and suppressor readiness. We’re talking lever action rifles, right? One would think that the buyer would be aware of the shortcomings. If I want high mag capacity, quick loading and suppressor friendly, I’m choosing a semiauto rifle, not a lever action. .

Try actually shooting a suppressed lever gun next to a semi-auto suppressed gun, Night and day difference.

Semi-autos are LOUD.

Big Horn $3000

Yeah, Big Horn is out of my price range......way out of my price range! lol

OP, your post started me to look at the various prices on a steel 45-70.

It appears that a new Marlin (Remlin), steel, in 45-70 is going to be around $598, from what I have found from a quick search, your research may find something cheaper. (maybe Walmart)
A new steel Henry is going to be a bit higher at $677, from what I have found from a quick search, your research may find something cheaper.
A new Rossi, steel, 45-70 is going for around $538, from what I have found doing a quick search, you research may find something cheaper.
A new Mossberg, steel, 45-70, is made, but the price is just a guess. $535 is one I found.
A used JM stamped Marlin, steel, 45-70 is going to be around, depending on condition, $575 to $750.

I was a bit surprised at what I found.

Back
Top Bottom