• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Marlin rifles back to good?' sss

The answer to your question is yes. However, finding one maybe an issue. Youth rifles, back in the day, were owned by...well....youths. Taking care of the rifle was hit and miss at best. Look on auction sites, google what you want, and maybe you will find one. If not, take a look at Henry, then if all else fails, go and inspect a Remlin. Like I said, I have heard they are better.
I can remember one youth rifle called the "Lil Buckaroo" it was a bolt action .22. I believe Marlin stopped making them in 2002/2003, I can't remember exactly.

Thanks!

I bought my older son a newer remlin youth model and discovered that the front sight was out of alignment... everything else seems to be okay. Put a scope on it and it shoots just fine.

I bought a second remlin youth model after really giving it a good inspection. It seems to be okay. Front sight is straight.

I just picked up a Marlin 1895gbl and everything seems to be good the action is smooth ,the trigger is great sight are in line so I guess the rifles are back up to par but now I'm looking for a rifle sling cartridge bandolier for the rifle does anyone know where I can get a good one at good quality at a good price leather I prefer thanks

Congrats on finding your new rifle. I don't know if all of them are up to par, but I am very pleased that you found one that makes you happy.
I don't own a sling made by this guy, but there are quite a few members of the Marlin Forum that are very happy with his work. Here is a link to his website and good luck finding the sling you want.
EDIT: He will custom make the sling so you basically design your own sling.

Custom Leather Work Hand crafted by Lever;

I have a Marlin 336, I think the date of manufacture was Nov of 2016 and it's been fine so far. I did manage to sheer off the bolt that holds that fore grip ring in place, but that was an easy fix. Got a newer screw from Brownells for a couple bucks and good as new now.

As long as older, pre-safety Marlins are in such readily available abundance, I won’t own a new one.

I wanted a non-ported, non-safety, Guide Gun in .444 Marlin. They didn’t make them back then, so I made one myself.

D9DD636E-C2C9-4CA6-9262-CCD84984E7DA.jpeg

I just picked up a Marlin 1895gbl and everything seems to be good the action is smooth ,the trigger is great sight are in line so I guess the rifles are back up to par but now I'm looking for a rifle sling cartridge bandolier for the rifle does anyone know where I can get a good one at good quality at a good price leather I prefer thanks

Glad you were able to find one, and glad you're liking it. The new ones seem worlds better than the ones made post-Remmington through 2012 or so.

Yup, those were just after Remington moved Marlin from CT to NY. Those guns were terrible almost across the board.

Remington had to literally start over from scratch creating engineering drawings, installing a new production line, and creating all new QC fixtures to make the new ones that have come out in the last few years.

Back
Top Bottom