• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

marta in gwinnett?

They are talking about running a line up 400 past McFarland. I actually look forward to it, I live on Lanier and the nearest station is North Station. By the time I get there I am practically downtown already so I just keep going.

There is already a heroin problem (heroin triangle) and I don't think Marta will make a difference.

They are talking about running a line up 400 past McFarland. I actually look forward to it, I live on Lanier and the nearest station is North Station. By the time I get there I am practically downtown already so I just keep going.
so when (if) this project is completed and when it is finished over budget do you think it will be worth it?

mind you, the stops near your house are convenient for both you coming in to atlanta.....and those from other parts coming into YOUR neighborhood

just to think about

I'm not paying out of pocket for it so the cost is irrelevant

It's about 10 miles away still. :) Bad guys from Atlanta come up this way now for car and house robberies. They steal a car in Atlanta, drive to the burbs where they break into cars/houses, and steal an SUV to drive the goods back to Atlanta. I don't picture someone taking Marta downtown with a 55" TV and bunch of rifles?

I'm not paying out of pocket for it so the cost is irrelevant

It's about 10 miles away still. :) Bad guys from Atlanta come up this way now for car and house robberies. They steal a car in Atlanta, drive to the burbs where they break into cars/houses, and steal an SUV to drive the goods back to Atlanta. I don't picture someone taking Marta downtown with a 55" TV and bunch of rifles?
Works good for your wallet,jewelry,purse,bags etc.... 55'' tvs are cheap nowadays and not very high on the list.

For me it’s not about the “riff raff” that this will bring. Gwinnett is not exactly Mayberry, and that type of concern is mostly rooted in fear and prejudice. Anyhow, Marta is known to be corrupt and I don’t trust any government entity to do anything on time, on budget, or with any level of competency. This will ultimately be another massive revenue collection effort- a waste of taxpayer money- and will continue to give job security to corrupt, incompetent local politicians and officials for the next 20 years.

Thanks, but no.

I'm not sure where I stand on this.
I work in Midtown. I drive to Doraville to catch a train there every day. Unless I get a bus. The bus normally takes about an hour and a half and it can be two hours sometimes if I choose to go by train. (An hour to an hour to Doraville, longer if the traffic sucks, 30 to 45 minutes on the train.)
The bus line only runs during morning and evening rush hour. and the last one back here leaves at 5:30 which puts a pinch on overtime.
The train is more reliable. The train gets pretty icky after 6 because the hobos are settling into the seats they want to spend the night in.

I wouldn't mind a train station somewhere closer. Lawrenceville or Buford. I don't think that there would be a lot of crooks riding the train into Gwinnett to steal a car and then break into you house. It's easier to steal a car from home and go find something close by.

The thing that concerns me is the time line from the election to the completion. And I figure that I'll be retired or dead by the time they finish the station(s) up here.
I'm probably going to vote no on the expansion.

“Well, they're concerned if some people using this transit to come out and commit crimes then go back or crimes being committed on the rail system,” says Councilman Eddie Price.
MARTA says its police department and real-time crime-reporting app help to crack down on illegal behavior.“

Yeah, I feel safer now. :rolleyes:

They kinda’ forgot to mention the one cent sales tax increase for Gwinnett County residents to pay for this expansion (which will undoubtedly run over budget).

Hopefully enough people will vote against it.

Back
Top Bottom