• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

marta in gwinnett?

For me it’s not about the “riff raff” that this will bring. Gwinnett is not exactly Mayberry, and that type of concern is mostly rooted in fear and prejudice. Anyhow, Marta is known to be corrupt and I don’t trust any government entity to do anything on time, on budget, or with any level of competency. This will ultimately be another massive revenue collection effort- a waste of taxpayer money- and will continue to give job security to corrupt, incompetent local politicians and officials for the next 20 years.

Thanks, but no.
this is the biggest thing, i think marta will create more problems than its supposed to fix and its run by low lifes

It probably makes sense... Gwinnett county is dense enough along the 85 corridor for heavy rail to pay for itself.

I always laugh when folks say "MARTA brings crime" as if the inner-city hoods are jumping on trains and heading out to the burbs to steal, rob and rape, and then waiting around for the next train home.

It probably did encourage building lower-income neighborhoods near stops though, and lower income almost always equals higher crime.

I doubt that's as true as it was any more though.

Growing up around Boston, being near an MBTA train stop was a very positive thing, and people would pay a premium for houses in walking distance to a "T" stop.

As Atlanta and the immediate suburbs get denser, that same shift seems to be happening here. If you look at the in-town stations, people will pay a fortune to live right on top of a MARTA station and being within driving distance of one is actually a selling point in the 'burbs now as well.
marta does bring crime

not the kind of hardened criminals people are really afraid of, but generally bored youths and vagrants and they are such a pleasure to have around

Research that area well. My wife's is from SE KY. They have a MAJOR problems with meth heads, all of SE Kentucky does. And look for a job ahead of time. Good paying jobs are scare up that way, that's why TN is on play for us.

Yeh. Meth heads are a problem but it's no different from even as close as Pickens county. You are right about the job market. We werent looking to move there full time. Just acreage we could use.

I always laugh when folks say "MARTA brings crime" as if the inner-city hoods are jumping on trains and heading out to the burbs to steal, rob and rape, and then waiting around for the next train home.

Exactly. Everyone says that but I have seen 0 statistics or any evidence of that presented, ever. (Besides people saying what they witness as they drive by the station)

psssh im 100% for it. i take the train all the time and the less i gotta drive to it the better for me.

Again, I’m not opposed to the idea of mass transit, I’m really not. I am, however, opposed to a 50-year, multi-billion dollar revenue-collecting referendum masquerading as a mass transit expansion effort.

Back
Top Bottom