• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

masks - honest question

My DIL works as a teacher at a private school where they have both face to face and online school. If she gets it or one of her kids gets it then the class goes into quarantine. If I want to see her, my son or my two grandchildren I need to take all steps possible to insure that household doesn't get it including wearing a mask when I go out. The school already deals with stupid and selfish parents WHO SEND THEIR SICK KIDS TO SCHOOL!!!! The parents tell the administration that the kids are fine they just can't smell or taste. This is why there are lockdowns -- because the adults won't be adults. If you you do not feel well you need to avoid infecting others. If you are at risk health wise then you need to avoid contact situations.

Four of the family have had CV. Three had light cases but one dealt with lung scarring for months and is ultra sensitive to getting infected again or anyone in the family getting it as bad as he did. So we wear masks when we go out to the store even if the prevention factor is ultra small.

Serious question for makers.

How often do you change masks?

What is your decontamination regime?

Where do you dispose of your "contaminated" masks.

I usually wear the same one I got in Mississippi after Mardi Gras. I used to wash it but I quit smoking last month and I still enjoy the lingering aroma.

People often offer me new masks and I'm saving those.

I went to the Savannah Bananas Baseball game the other night and got carded for Alcohol. I asked the lady who carded me how she ID's people with masks on. She said it's mainly in the eyes. which I thought funny since I'm wearing glasses on my ID but contacts that night.

Back
Top Bottom