• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Massachusetts Mandatory Bumpstock turn in Feb 1st

Whut are rail bungies? I'm old fashioned. I do know (I think) what a 'rail' is.
Well, to be fair, I did spell it incorrectly. It's a rail "bungee." As to what it is or what practical purpose it serves, I haven't the foggiest idea. I saw one on a guy's rifle at a class awhile back and asked him why he'd tied his anorak cord onto his rifle. He scoffed and told me what it was. Apparently a company called "Warsport" makes them. :noidea:

http://shop.warsport.com/war-sport-rail-bungee/

Well, to be fair, I did spell it incorrectly. It's a rail "bungee." As to what it is or what practical purpose it serves, I haven't the foggiest idea. I saw one on a guy's rifle at a class awhile back and asked him why he'd tied his anorak cord onto his rifle. He scoffed and told me what it was. Apparently a company called "Warsport" makes them. :noidea:

http://shop.warsport.com/war-sport-rail-bungee/
LOL, what the hail?

• •Offers a secure grip in wet environments
  • •Lowers noise signature
  • •Can be removed and re-used for survival needs
  • •Wire/Cable management
  • •Package includes: 2 rail bungee shock cords and 2 cord locks

It's California-style incrementalism. Ban something with no expectation of compliance and not a whole lot of notice. They get to turn people into felons overnight and when those people are caught, they lose their 2A rights. They're broadening the class of people by doing this. It was never about compliance, it was always about control.

LOL, what the hail?

• •Offers a secure grip in wet environments
  • •Lowers noise signature
  • •Can be removed and re-used for survival needs
  • •Wire/Cable management
  • •Package includes: 2 rail bungee shock cords and 2 cord locks
I got nothing, man. I'm as baffled by it as you are...it was just the first ridiculous accessory that came to mind. I was going to use brass knuckle VFG's but didn't want to offend. I suppose the TacSac could have been a choice.

When was the last time any guns, or gun accessories, were confiscated or attempted to be confiscated here in the USA?
I'm talking about the authorities coming to visit your home or sending you a personal letter saying, in effect "We think/ know you have one of these, and they're illegal now. Turn it over to us for destruction or we're coming to get it, and you're going to jail if we have to take it from you."

Ever? Anywhere?

When was the last time any guns, or gun accessories, were confiscated or attempted to be confiscated here in the USA?
I'm talking about the authorities coming to visit your home or sending you a personal letter saying, in effect "We think/ know you have one of these, and they're illegal now. Turn it over to us for destruction or we're coming to get it, and you're going to jail if we have to take it from you."

Ever? Anywhere?
Ummm... New Orleans... during Katrina. Or does that not count since it was "for their own good"?

Back
Top Bottom