• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Match-grade target air pistol .177

SharpLeader

Default rank <100 posts
Hunter
Reaction score
I’m looking for a target air pellet pistol for my daughter to use in tetrathlon competitions. She just starting our with this type of competition so we’re not looking to go all-out…yet.

Please let me know what you have or, more importantly, please chime in with any knowledge you can share on the matter.

I’ve got a lot to learn.

Thank you

Here are the specifics for the competition:

Pistol:
Any type of compressed air or CO2 pistol is permitted which does not exceed the following specifications:
A. Pistols will be .177 caliber (4.5 mm). Pellets must be of soft lead or similar composition. Pellets designated for target “match” shooting (flat head pellets) are required. Projectiles of steel or other hard metals in any shape or form are strictly prohibited.
B. Trigger pull on all guns with trigger pressure adjust- ment capability must have a minimum of 500 grams, weighted with the barrel in a vertical position.
C. Thumb rests and hand heel rests are permitted, pro- vided they conform to the overall dimensions required in paragraph E and fit within the box dimensions out- lined below.
D. No part of the grip or accessories is permitted to encir- cle the hand beyond the limits of the dimensions in paragraph below.
26 – Tetrathlon Competition – 2021

SECTION III: Competition
E. The air pistol with all accessories must fit into a box that has inside dimensions of 420 mm long x 200 mm wide x 50 mm deep.
F. Barrelorbalancingweightsmaynotextendbeyondthe muzzle of the air pistol.
G. Maximum total weight, ready to shoot, 1500 grams (3.3 lbs.).
H. Pistols should be single shot. Multiple shot pistols may be used but must be loaded in such a manner so that there is only one pellet in the magazine at any given time.

Back
Top Bottom