• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Material cost to build a 16 x 20 shed? Also general questions

Most of you guys are much handier than me...

I am currently having an 18' x 18' shed put up on my Young Harris property. 8" / 12" Pitch with Architectural shingles

Had the slab poured... Will have a couple windows and electricity. Costing me $19K.
But I have some building constraints.... Homeowner Covenants.... Has to "blend / match" the house.

My part in this is writing the checks.... So I am paying a lot for labor

Attachments

• IMG_3730.JPG
    IMG_3730.JPG
    48.1 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3742.JPG
    IMG_3742.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 48
Not sure where you are located but there is a wired 16’x20’ shed for sale on the swap shop at 921wlhr.com. The station covers the Lavonia Hartwell Royston area.

Most of you guys are much handier than me...

I am currently having an 18' x 18' shed put up on my Young Harris property. 8" / 12" Pitch with Architectural shingles

Had the slab poured... Will have a couple windows and electricity. Costing me $19K.
But I have some building constraints.... Homeowner Covenants.... Has to "blend / match" the house.

My part in this is writing the checks.... So I am paying a lot for labor

I just had my slab poured. 13.5yds of 3000psi (rated for 4000) 4" thick cost $1372.00. I won't see snow down here on the Florida border so I'll go with 4/12. I tore down the 20yr old shed that already had power with 60amp service panel. Luckily I don't have any constraints even though I am in the city limits. Last time I asked if I needed a permit and all the guy was concerned about was whether I was crossing the property line. When I told him I was building into my property he just said " go ahead you don't need anything it's a shed".

Might check out Backyard Outfitters?
Got a 14 x 40 with barn roof (metal) and loft, 8' walls, double barn doors and 3.0 std door and windows. Stick built on my slab for around 12k. They built it in one longgggg day too.

And ugly as sin. It’s going to need a lot more work to make it presentable and functional as shed/workshop on your property. That’s if you care about that sort of thing.

I thought about this option as well and there are plenty on Craigslist. They do hold up well. The military uses these for portable bases and temporary setups we call shop in a box (SIAB). When I was responsible for forward deployed submarine maintenance teams we have about 10 SIAB's in a forward deployed location on the equator now. If I lived in the County/Country I would go this route but not next to my house here in the city.

I thought about this option as well and there are plenty on Craigslist. They do hold up well. The military uses these for portable bases and temporary setups we call shop in a box (SIAB). When I was responsible for forward deployed submarine maintenance teams we have about 10 SIAB's in a forward deployed location on the equator now. If I lived in the County/Country I would go this route but not next to my house here in the city.

I have seen some amazing ship container conversions but there is some cost involved and yeah, probably not the best option for suburban areas.

16X26 with gambrel trusses, T-111 siding, steel roof over 1/2 ply. Built on piers, not slab. $3600

The gambrel trusses allow for a second floor with no additional wall height. Great storage shed, but is plenty big for remote cabin.

eta: Bought a set of plans and they included instructions to build the trusses from lumber instead of buying pre-built trusses.

Back
Top Bottom