• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Material cost to build a 16 x 20 shed? Also general questions

16X26 with gambrel trusses, T-111 siding, steel roof over 1/2 ply. Built on piers, not slab. $3600

The gambrel trusses allow for a second floor with no additional wall height. Great storage shed, but is plenty big for remote cabin.

eta: Bought a set of plans and they included instructions to build the trusses from lumber instead of buying pre-built trusses.

Do you have a link for it or where you bought the plans?
Did you build it?

barn.jpg

This is similar to mine, except mine is a barn, not finished out as a residence. Also, you can make them any length you want by just adding more trusses and extending the sides.

I did put in an insulated 8 X 12 room with power and a separate door. Also 2 windows in the "office" as well as an air conditioner in the wall. Sliding doors at one end, 2 4X8 doors on sliding tracks, and a single hinged 4 X 8 door on the other end.

I've thought about these before, but never seen one that cheap delivered. Do you have a link?
I found tilt on Craigslist. The seller was in Atlanta & live on the Hall/Lumpkin line. It was $1560 but they charged more due to my zip code. They can paint them for $500 it you need to appease your neighbors.

16 x20 you are looking at 2500 to 3000 depending on current lumber pricing. Shop around. I have built 3 of these over the last ten years for myself and family. Shop each item at different places you may find it cheaper to get 2x4 at lowes and osb at Home depot and roofing at another supply house. You can save a few hundred dollars by shopping each item around.
Good luck, oh yea, stay with 16' on center.

I went with stick building. You'll get a quality build for less money than a kit. We had a 24x20 built with a loft. Half is finished and insulated ,half is a work shop. I looked at kits and found them to be of poor quality.

Back
Top Bottom