• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mauser?

2   0
Reaction score
I have a what i think is a mauser rifle I inherited from my father. I have listed all the marking below a pic, any help figuring out what it is would be great!

Model 1935
Fab Nat D'Armes de Guerre
Herstal-Belgique
02640d61aee0b664a7ad51d18680120f.jpg
b530ae020c3856ca3e0653288e069713.jpg
4dca7e3f87ab0d2c4a251d7b4fb93f75.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Fabrique Nationals (FN) is the manufacturer of this gun. FN did build military Mausers, which is undoubtedly what this originally was. FN build contract guns to the buyer’s specifications, AND Mauser actions are very strong so they were often used to build custom guns in non-original chamberings. This is obviously been converted to a sporting rifle, but one possibility is this was bought originally by Peru and was chambered in 7mm Mauser. They rechambered them to .30-06 later so that’s what I’ll guess it is now but there is a strong possibility that it has been rebarrelled by whoever converted it to a hunting rifle.

These actions were used for several different calibers most were converted to 3006.
The action is a Great one and makes a Great hunting rifle.
Not worth a whole lot but still a good rifle and the receiver was never drilled for a scope when it was made, that was done in the conversion to a hunting rifle.
If it was still original caliber 7.65mm or converted to 3006 but still in its original stock it would be worth around 600 to 700 according to shape.
The Value as a hunter is subjective so take this with a grain of salt it could be worth anywhere between 175.00 to 300.00 with scope.
I have seen very few of these sell on gunbroker in the converted to hunting rifle but a few have sold and they went for between 175.00 to 300.00 based on the price of the scope on it.
You mileage may vary and just my .02 worth

It’s not worth very much, I’m sorry to say. Mauser collectors aren’t going to be very interested unless it’s something rare, and sportsmen can go buy a modern, lighter gun in a caliber of their choosing for a few hundred dollars. If you are looking for an insurance value, maybe $300? You might wait a long time to find somebody willing to buy it for that...this is just based on what I can see. I’m not expecting that this was a high dollar/custom gunsmithing job, but I could be very wrong!

Back
Top Bottom