• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Maybe the dumbest equipment review I've ever read.

You need to count your stadia lines on your windage, that's what they're there for. If you know the stadia lines of your windage zero, you can always go back to zero.

Another good idea is to run your windage all the way in one direction, I use the left, and then count your "clicks" back to zero. That way if you cannot see your turret markings, you can bottom out the windage and count the clicks back to your zero.

On the NF ATACR line, there is a Zero Stop on the elevation turret. On the windage, they provide a turret cap if you're worried about it getting bumped off. If you don't like the turret cap, take it off, and they provide a "beauty ring" to protect the exposed threads. Neat and clean, that's what I do.

The stadia lines-- that's what I meant about "keeping notes". Running the clicks from end back to middle is also good, if you remember how many, and which direction. I doubt I would, but I've never had to make sure one was ready to defend life and limb.

The cap solution is a good one. I've got an SWFA like that. It's so hard to twist, I leave the caps off and use the thread protector. Decent scope. No zero stop. : (

With enough thinking and remembering, you can do without these features it is true. But it's sure nice, IMO, to have some other option as well. Best to have them all, automatic and manual fallback.

Only for places that the wind always blows in the same direction. Just have to make sure you get the correct version. Right wind or left wind. LOL!
Do you have to check the weather/wind before you shoot and only shoot one direction? Or do you buy a left and right model on quick detach mounts and switch them as needed? LOL.

Back
Top Bottom