• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mayor de Blasio calls for a national draft of doctors

I know how credentialing MD's works. This seems like a wild idea but reality is every hospital has a different set of rules to get privileges and health insurances that are accepted so you can bill for services.

This is unfortunately true to a high degree of stupidity. I've been "credentialed" by places via overnight email exchange of documents, and presentation of some original items in person on the morning of service. Alternately, I've had bigger hospitals take 6-8 weeks (WEEKS!!!) to "credential" me.

Some of it falls back on liability. No facility wants to be part of a law suit for malpractice by hiring a non-qualified provider, or someone with known black marks.

A whole lot of states have joined the eCompact for nursing licensing nationwide. But it still can come down to the individual facility on "credentialing".

I've had the US Army and the VA send me "teasers" about "coming back". Tempting, but I'm also a provider here at a our local rural hospital, and they need all the help they can get now, let alone down the road.

Back
Top Bottom