• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

McConnell to back Universal Background Checks and maybe AWB?

If you're burying or sinking it, you aren't doing your duty. The founders didn't squirrel away their personal arms at lexington and Concord. Or the battle of Boston. They shot the dudes trying to take their arms.

Yes, but the moral fiber of today's men is miles behind that of our fore fathers. Most are now slow, fat and content. Few will be ready for a fight.

[
How the hell you hide black powder under water is beyond me, maybe in empty wine bottles? But the colonists clearly stashed weapons until needed. I appreciate the thought, but the historical facts differ.
Powder casks. Black powders forms a hard shell when it gets wet, which protects the remaiming powder in the cask.

I wonder how many law abiding citizens who own an "assault weapon" would be willing to sign a public petition declaring that they will not give up their weapon without a fight? I wonder if such a petition was submitted to Mitch and Donald...would it make them think again?

I wonder how many law abiding citizens who own an "assault weapon" would be willing to sign a public petition declaring that they will not give up their weapon without a fight? I wonder if such a petition was submitted to Mitch and Donald...would it make them think again?
wont matter.

Like a small version of the Declaration of Independence. :)

Well boys and girls it is time to put up or shut up. I have gone on record that I will resist with force any government attempt to confiscate firearms. Will you join me?

I sent to following to Senator Purdue as a message on his website. If you are truly a second amendment supporter then join me...otherwise all the stuff on here is just noise.

Dear Senator Purdue,

I am a life long Republication voter...63 years old. I am writing to go on record that if you support gun control measures like eliminating private sales, red flag laws that violate due process or confiscating Ar-15 type rifles...not only will you and the Republican Party have lost my vote to the Libertarian party forever...but you will make a felon overnight. I will resist, with arms if necessary, any attempted government confiscation of arms.
So please think hard before you jump on an emotion-driven bandwagon and vote for ineffective, unconstitutional laws simply because of emotionally charged pressure from the anti-gun left and Rino's in your own party.
Absolutely ZERO of the recent mass shootings could have or would have been prevented by the current measures being proposed as solutions to mass shootings. Any sane person can look at our country today and see that in places like Chicago that have the strictest gun control laws in the nation...gun violence is rampant. All of these mass shooters recently have been through background checks...the truth of the matter is that if we want to live in a free society that does not infringe on the 2nd amendment...then a madman with a gun is something we have to live with. Unless we want to punish tens of millions of law abiding gun owners...but even then the crazy guy who wants to kill people can still get a gun...look at Chicago.
The only way to reduce, not completely prevent, mass shootings is to look hard at where these shooters are coming from. Most have given plenty of advance warnings that have been ignored. Yes, monitor social media of radical platforms, yes arrest and confine the crazies. But don't throw out the baby with the bathwater and turn millions of the most patriotic citizens of this country into felons and the enemy.
Millions of responsible gun owners are looking to Congressmen like you that campaigned on the 2nd amendment to get our money and our votes to have the courage to stand up to this media onslaught...and refuse to cave in on ridiculous, ineffective and unconstitutional laws that violate the 2nd amendment.
If you want to reduce the mass shootings then look at opening back up the mental health institutions that used to put away the insane who were a threat to society. Do a little history research and you will be shocked to find that across the nation, including here in Georgia, the number of people in sanitariums have gone from tens of thousands to almost zero. Spend your money here...aggressively search for and then incarcerate those radical insane people who are committing these shootings. Stop the shootings before they happen.
But don't just jump on the "background check, red flag and assault weapon ban" bandwagon...you promised you would protect us law abiding gun owners who voted for you. Now is when the rubber meets the road and we see how much integrity you really have.
Please don't disappoint us. We will not stand for knee-jerk illegal laws that infringe on our constitutional rights. Don't open Pandora's box.
I assure you sir that I am not alone. Please pray long and hard about this and may God grant you the courage to stand your ground, no matter the cost, in this crucial matter. Ask yourself how you will feel if your supporters start dying at the hands of government SWAT teams going around to confiscate guns from citizens defending their homes and property...because that is exactly where this gun control road ends.

Respectfully,

Edwin Snell

P.S. I would urge you to think long and hard before you do this...no telling what kind of "list" that it may put you on...but I have decided that this cause is worth my life if necessary...for the sake of my children and grandchildren I cannot stand by and give away our rights that cost so much without taking a stand.
I hope you join me...just don't do it lightly and unless you mean it.

Back
Top Bottom