• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Mechanic help needed on a Lincoln MKX Hybrid stalling...

spistols

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
309   0
Reaction score
Have a family friend who is having an issue with their Lincoln. Here is what they told me so far in a text. Can anyone help on what is going on?

"2012 Lincoln MKC hybrid. I have not gotten it officially diagnosed because the Ford place says they would need it for a couple weeks. We tried replacing the fuel pump as the Internet said that is a usual culprit. I randomly have to stop and pull over on the side of the road and turn the car off because it loses acceleration and flashes a warning to pull over safely. As soon as I turn the car off and back on, I am able to drive again."

You will probably need someone scan the ECM to see what codes it has captured , if any.
Sounds like an ECM problem to me but it is impossible to diagnose without capturing the data.

Good luck ! I Hope you get it remedied inexpensively.

You will probably need someone scan the ECM to see what codes it has captured , if any.
Sounds like an ECM problem to me but it is impossible to diagnose without capturing the data.

Good luck ! I Hope you get it remedied inexpensively.

What 41mag said. Lincoln's have horrible electronics without a proper diagnosis you're throwing parts at it.

Needs to have the codes scanned
It may have some obvious codes that will narrow down the search .

A $50 scanner from Amazon or any parts store is a good place to start .

Nowdays they are Bluetooth and send all the info to the app on your phone

A bad ground wire anywhere on the car will cause all kinds of problems

Check the ground wire from the battery to the frame and from the batter to the engine and from the battery to the computer

As for the fuel pump issue ,
If the car has the schrader valve on the fuel rail, same as the air valve on a tire , you can easily install a fuel pressure gauge and watch it when the car starts acting up and determine if it’s the fuel

Back
Top Bottom